Raiders Waive DeAngelo Hall

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by Darius Ali, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

:laughy32:

this is too priceless....and typical

2. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

he would fit right in with the rest of misfits dallas parades out there

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Count me in brother...

and me just say NO

4. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

im guessing no one will put up a claim for him really at that money

and the fact the Lions could offer a very nice 1 year deal becuase of the huge amount of cap space we have when we dumped Roy and he would be a starter day 1 he may go for it

there are not many other teams that could give him good $$$ and start him

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

No, your still on the hook for Williams guaranteed money, I beleive. Unless his new deal deal changed that, but that doesnt take into effect until next year

But you are still talking about paying top 5 money to a CB that has regressed to the point that he cant even hack it as a #2 CB anymore

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

On what may be the worst team in football at that. Living in the Bay, I get the displeasure of watching the Raiders every week, and Hall has been even worse than the national media makes it out to be, if thats possible. I think that the only reason he's had even a 2 spot for this far is that they couldnt bench a player getting paid that much without being ridiculed even more than they were for bringing him in in the first place.

I don't know why I bother...but...

Typical? How so?

7. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

It doesn't matter what the Raiders do, they will get ridiculed... I went on the Falcons board, they were making fun of Hall before and after the game, now the same ones want the Falcons to sign Hall and are referring to him as Pro Bowler. This is what you will get with most football fans who cant watch a team out of market.

As you said he has been bad, but he has been solid at times. I think he will get picked up, his play will be determined by who picks him up, if a good team with a good d-line grabs him up, be sure that he will be called a pro bowler again .

8. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

nope we hands are wiped clean of williams this was the last year of his current deal then you signe dhim to a new one we are off scot free

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Your right.

Since its the last year of his deal, his bonus money is paid

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

wow
    just wow

11. happ

happ PECAVI

You never know, Hall could have a Randy Moss type resurgence for another team. I think he was horribly overrated as a CB. He had all the talent in the world, but he plays too undisciplined and gives up too many plays going for the Sportscenter highlights. I'm glad we got the picks for him, and Oakland will be better off getting rid of Hall and keeping Nnamdi.

12. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Who want him?

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

this is actually a great move as it will save the raiders $16mil overall. the mistake was signing this c**t to begin with.

i think TJ was right in another thread, jerry jones is on the phone with hall's agent as we speak.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Sorta funny... a mil a game for an overrated corner... he's laughing all the way to the freakin bank...

15. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

he won't be laughing when he gets cut. is this final yet?

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

yes

17. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

How big of a knucklehead are you when the Oakland Raiders don't even want you on their team?

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Such a great move to make this official!

19. JaMarcus#2

JaMarcus#2 Starter

Add Miller, Morrison & Burgess to that and you have a solid nucleus of very good football players.

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Minus Russell maybe.