Everytime I Vist This Site There's A Sound That Goes Off

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Sportsguy, Nov 6, 2008.

1. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I was having this same problem earlier. It's from one of the advertisements. If you're getting it every time, you're pretty unlucky.

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So is the problem solved?

3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I use Safari and have 5 tabs open. and alwats hear the sound

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Sportsguy try FF and see if the sound is still there.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

burnout said it was from an advertisement.

I almost always have my speakers off, does GIF have adverts with sound in them?

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Not on my end, but I sometimes have other ads than you

7. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Now I'm getting it, it's from a banner add flashing at the bottom of the site saying you are the "1,000,000 visitor click here to see what you've won":icon_rolleyes:

8. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

So what did you win? :laughpound:

9. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

A pain in my ass?:dontknow:

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Ask phiglesphan to lance the boil on your butt for you.

He's a medic.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

So is CW19G IIRC

12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

ok thanks. problem solved

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I just got a nice video popup right after the initial sign on ad that had no way of x'ng out. I finally had to refresh the page to get rid of the video. I'm all for paying the bills for the site and I have even gone to an ad from time to time to help out but I really do not want an ad taking over my screen with no way of clicking it out.

14. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

What was the video for? What was it advertising? I need this information so I can find and then cancel the ad.

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

It was a commercial with toyota first and then it appeared to be a movie preview

16. It's "Big Brother" Seriously!!!!

17. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Was the movie Ghostbusters? You should see a button on the top right that says "Skip This Ad". Are you not getting that?

18. I'm having the same problem...our IT f*g just came down here and said that he is about to stop me from going to this site because of the spyware he is finding...any help would be great..:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Your IT doesn't know what he's talking about then because we have no "spyware" on GIF or my IT guy at work would already be yelling, we have advertisements yes, but no spyware. Sorry to hear we'll be seeing even less of you LOD.

20. Nope...he just came to me and said it was a mistake...sry for the crazyness...not the first time this butthole has had his head up his butt...he just starts pointing the finger when he has no clue. We just installed a bunch of new anti-virus software and its givong him fits.

:groan: :groan: :groan: