Thoughts On The Giants Game...

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by bigsexyy81, Nov 10, 2008.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

-McNabb's slow starts are annoying as hell.
    -McNabb continues to throw the ball at the receiver's feet, preventing YAC on a huge chunk of our completions.
    -The run game is really missing Andrews.
    -Again, glad McNabb isn't afraid to run the ball...
    -The run defense was horrendous. Were we playing with any DTs in there? I wasn't sure.
    -It's funny. We blitz throughout a game, we usually win. We don't, we usually lose. Get the freaking hint, JJ. It's our bread and butter.
    -I don't know what the heck the thinking is by running on the last two plays. I'm getting sick and tired of this crap. They put up a stat that said on 4th and 1, we are 3 of 14 rushing the ball and 3 of 3 passing it. HELLO?!?!
    -Pass protection was outstanding.
    -We need to get the ball in Baskett's hands more. This guy is dynamite. Kevin Curtis just can't get much separation. Jackson is what Curtis should be.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I am shocked that at this point there isn't a mob at Andy Reid's house with torches and pitchforks looking to drag him out of his house. They lost the game the Bears this way....they were forced to settle for a field goal when they needed a TD in a loss to the Skins....enough already. Get your head out of your butt Andy Reid....

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I want andy out soon even mcnabb in his press confrence said he should have had the ball but it was coaches decision. Andy really needs to be fired hes a joke right now.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

whos your candiate to replace reid?

5. nyg hitstick

nyg hitstick Special Teamer

Wade Phillips.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

wow
    what a mind blowing idea

7. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

don't forget that McNabb still huffs and puffs in bigger games. i really thought he was going to puke when they showed him on camera.

8. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I was hoping for an Eagles win last night, then I got to thinking... And it actually helps us if Giants win, because I don't feel we can catch them in division, unless something terrible happens with them, We move to 3rd in the division by GMen winning tho, so Thanks Giants! Helped us out on our bye week.

9. Fish

Fish I'm glad I came!

Yea- I noticed that, too (as did the rest of America). :doh:

He's got to be one of the most out of shape atheletes I've ever seen (pro-bowlers excluded.) :tsk:

I agree with all of this. In fact, it's like the Eagles mantra... run, run, incomplete, punt! It must be painted on the locker-room walls or something.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Spagnuolo then Cowher for me. Possibly even Charlie Manuel.

It's definitely time for Reid to go. How disorganized they were with the dumb challenges and clock management was atrocious. Horrible calls at the end.

The team has lost 10 of it's last 11 games or some crap like that when they have been decided by a touchdown or less. Andy's always getting out coached.

I can't bear to look at his fat freaking face any longer.

Note to self: Think about the Phillies. Think about the Philles. Calmo.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He can handle both jobs. :icon_lol:

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would be awesome. Could you imagine him telling McNabb what to do?

14. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I think Spags would be an excellent coach.....

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Wow... Spags for head coach I can support. Poor Giants would be screwed without his Jim Johnson remix D. I still don't want Andy fired..... and if this game didn't do it I probably never will... I just look at what he has been able to do here as far as talent evaluation, discipline, and structure and think it's unlikely we would get an equal or better return if we can him..... Before you crucify me, I have said for years we need a real OC to call the plays for YEARS.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'm torn.

Like my fellow fan above, I appreciate all Reid has done for this franchise. He's been able to attract high-profile free agents, has had a solid draft record, kept a solid stable of coaches on his staff, and kept us (relatively) competitive every year.

With that said, I don't see us winning a Super Bowl with him. And that's what it's all about. Nice regular season records are great, not losing a game after the bye? Sweet. But I want a title. Our fans deserve a title.

Part of the problem is Lurie is a chubby chaser. He and Reid are in bed together. He'll have to have a 4 win season before Lurie would even consider firing him.

My choice to replace him? I'd love Cowher. I think he'd be great. Spags, sure. I'd take him. I also like Mike Nolan. I wonder what he could do with a team that isn't in shambles from the get go.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Agree with ALL the above..... Accept for Cowher.... I don't know why everyone think Cowher is a football god.... if the refs had handed us the win in 2004 like Cowher got handed his then we would all worship Andy.
    Your right about Lurie being unlikely to do crap about it anytime soon but Reid handed off the play calling once for a short period of time.... maybe with enough snitching from fans we can get him to do it again..... next problem would then be I suspect Marty is not gonna be much better

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Nolan is a 3-4 guy. You guys can play a 3-4 if you can get a 330 NT and covert Cole and Abiamiri to LB, but your personel (partiularluy Patterson Bunkly and Cole) are much better suited to a 4-3

If you do hire Nolan and convert to a 3-4, the only thing that wopuld make it a good move is if you use both 1st's to trade up for Terrence Cody

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

True. And he'd have to accept the fact that this is Jim Johnson's defense and it isn't going to change while he is still around. Which I'm not sure he could deal with.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

give me jason garrett, great head coach prospect and it would heck over the cowboys.