2008 GIF Suicide League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by dolphindude13, Aug 17, 2008.

1. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I'm gonna laugh if you guys tie. I assume you could right? If you both went all 17 weeks?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good effort guys...keep it going...

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

If there is co-champions, so be it, lol.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I guess DaBears is the winner.....I can't access Yahoo from where I am so I can't make my pic before the Jets game tonight....Bummer why to lose but oh well.

Congrats DaBears

I would have picked the Dolphins

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

ugh, couldn't SRW have logged in and make the pick for you

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He was at work too Mike, they have yahoo blocked too...too many people are on yahoo cfreaking their emails at work so they block it...but DD is going to see if he can make the pick for me since I did post my pick here before the game started. If he can't I lose...bummer

7. dolphindude13

There isn't even an option for me to put in a pick for someone under the commish tools. I think if I remember right there was an option to "allow commisioner to edit pickset" when everyone signed up and you chose whether you wanted it or not. At least that's how it works in the standard pick 'em leagues.

One possible thing I could do if Dabears would agree would be to reset the league.....but then it would reset all the teams you've picked up to this point. It would only be you 2 entering picks. ???

Not sure what else to do, it doesn't look like I could have done anything if I'd known well before the game. Sorry.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well, we'll leave it up to DaBears, if he says no then it's no...that's fair...I hate my job now damn yahoo...lol

Thanx DD :)

If he agrees we can write down who we picked so far so we can't pick them again and post it in here, but we'll see what Da says...

9. dolphindude13

I was getting ready to suggest that......I could make a list and post them here of the teams you've used and then reset it for just you 2 to continue. We'll see what he says.

I'll send him a PM.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

I just PMed DD13 back and said his idea sounds like a plan to me. Yeah, I wanna win this again but not by having someone that forgot to make their pick or knowing a certain site is blocked from their computer at work preventing them from making their pick. So, make your pick for this week. :)

Honestly, I think we should have did it how it was done last year all along this year which was make picks in the suicide thread on this board.

Here are a list of teams i've used so far this season.
    Week 1: New England Patriots
    Week 2: Arizona Cardinals
    Week 3: New York Giants
    Week 4: Tennessee Titans
    Week 5: Carolina Panthers
    Week 6: Minnesota Vikings
    Week 7: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Week 8: New York Jets
    Week 9: Chicago Bears
    Week 10: San Diego Chargers
    Week 11: Miami Dolphins

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Week 1: Giants
    Week 2: Packers
    Week 3: Seahawks
    Week 4: Bills
    Week 5: Panthers
    Week 6: Jets
    Week 7: Bucs
    Week 8: Redskins
    Week 9: Bears
    Week 10: Jaguars
    Week 11: Dolphins (picked before game time)

Those are my picks from the preceeding weeks.

I'd also like to thank DaBears for giving me this opportunity to still compete, he didn't have to do this and I appreciate his sense of fair play.

DD, should we just keep the contest going in here instead of starting the yahoo game over?

12. DaBearsrule4ever

Honestly, this crossed my mind for a few weeks now. When I got home from work this morning and saw that yahoo eliminated you because you didn't make your pick (well, atleast according to that website), I said "NO! I DON'T WANT IT THIS WAY!" Honestly, when it comes to this league for the rest of the year, I say SCREW YAHOO and lets continue to make our weekly suicide picks in this thread. That way, you can make your pick from work from now on if you choose. (you do have access to this board from work, right? LOL) Good luck Sweets!

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Da, that's cool with me, we'll just post our picks in here. Thank you again for being so kind as to let me continue since I had problems at work, freaking OT anyway...

Good luck the rest of the way to you as well Da...

14. dolphindude13

Ok, you both agree and I've double checked each set of teams already used....so good luck to both of you.

I'll just leave the Yahoo alone and leave it like it is.:beerchug:

15. DaBearsrule4ever

Cool... Doing it this way is easier anyway.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

On to week 12 for me and Sweets!

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Nice work you Sweets and DaBears...

18. DaBearsrule4ever

Ok, here is my week 12 pick.

Week 1: New England Patriots
    Week 2: Arizona Cardinals
    Week 3: New York Giants
    Week 4: Tennessee Titans
    Week 5: Carolina Panthers
    Week 6: Minnesota Vikings
    Week 7: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Week 8: New York Jets
    Week 9: Chicago Bears
    Week 10: San Diego Chargers
    Week 11: Miami Dolphins
    Week 12: Dallas Cowboys

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Good job guys!!!

Still in it at week 12!!!!

:buttrock:

20. DaBearsrule4ever

Amazing is been down to me and Sweets longer then all the others lasted in this league.