The Official UFC 91: Couture Vs. Lesnar

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by CP26, Oct 25, 2008.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

that's what he meant HH, that lesnar was dominating mir in the loss to him and it was a stupid mistake that was why he lost to Mir and he thinks that if Lesnar were to fight Mir again, that he wouldn't make the same mistake

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

1. Matt Brown def. Ryan Thomas via submission (armbar) - R2 (0:57)

2. Mark Bocek def. Alvin Robinson via submission (RNC) - R3 (3:16)

3. Jeremy Stephens def. Rafael dos Anjos via TKO (strikes) - R3 (0:39)

4. Aaron Riley def. Jorge Gurgel via unanimous decision

Pay-Per-View Bouts:

5. Demian Maia def. Nate Quarry via submission (RNC) - R1 (2:13)

6. Gabriel Gonzaga def. Josh Hendricks via TKO (strikes) - R1 (1:01)

7. Dustin Hazelett def. Tamdan McCrory via submission (armbar) - R1 (3:59)

8. Kenny Florian def. Joe Stevenson via submission (RNC) - R1 (4:03)
    *Florian wins a lightweight title shot against BJ Penn.

9. Brock Lesnar def. Randy Couture via TKO (strikes) - R2 (3:07)
    *Lesnar wins the UFC heavyweight championship.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

As insinuated in another thread, the powers that be should be considering a Super Heavy division for guys like Lesnar and...whats his freakingname...that are likke 255+. I mean, Randy as a Heavy at whatever 240-ish and Brock coming in close to 270 is just ridiculous. THere was no lightweight division for a long time, forcing BJ Penn and the like to either unnaturally move up a class or not fight, and now there neeeds to be something above Heavy, or rename Heavy mid-heavy and call the new division heavy or whatever. It's just not right the way it is now.

4. mike oxlong

I bet 70000 on Brock, you were not alone

5. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Am I the Only one who bet on Lesnar. I frankly thought Lesnar was going to Grnd And Pnd Him until stopage but anything that gives me $... Ill take :icon_cheesygrin:

Good Job Mike. You chos the same side as my and you won. :cool:

Im 13-1 In My Predictions in GIF

6. mike oxlong

baskett bet 109,000, I bet 70,000, Omen bet 4000, lrudrods bet 2000 and walnuts bet 1400 on lesnar

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

um so did I...

8. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

WOW. Today Around 3PM I was the Only one. I told HH to bet on Lesnar And he didnt listen :doh:

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i'm hitting up CP when I wanna make MMA bets in the future

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

sounds good me too mike. MMA Genius....

11. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

NP Mike I wil try to help you make VCash. :icon_cheesygrin:

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Theres a fine line between genius and goobered savant. Although I guess if it makes you money, who gives a heck?

13. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I told ya didn't I?......unfortunately i didn't take my own advice and bet on him though....I figured Nate would catch him and KO him before he could use his "sick" ground game.

God I hope so because regardless of his talent and ability he was GIVEN the belt imo......he walks in and jumps over guys that have EARNED their shot and it makes me hecken sick.

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

In case you missed it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvFV7X7KwKY]YouTube - UFC 91 - Brock Lesnar Vs. Randy Couture Full Fight [3/3][/ame]

15. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

That was a great night of fights up until the Lesnar fight. I thought he had a good chance to win, but it pained me to watch it. He didnt earn his shot at all. If he beat a Shane Carwin, then Gabriel Gonzaga then Mir/Nog he'd deserve it. I won't dis his ability but I do dislike him and hate Dana for the situation he's created.

16. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

17. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

hey but didnt randy C also win the belt the first time in his third oe fourth figh

19. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Randy first won the belt without too much dispute from what I remember. I'll have to check if there was this much controversy back then on Randy's first title fight.

20. mike oxlong

yeah garnett, also when Randy first won, I would say that there was about a 20th of the fans there are now, thus more fans = more experts, lol