Who Am I Keeping?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by K Train, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

yah, no way i'm keeping bryant, keep Housh, he will be gold where ever he goes

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

WTF? Are you serious?

Youre keeping him over DESEAN FRACTION JACKSON?? You're freaking insane.

You know, you usually do not have to keep all 3 possible keepers if you do not wish to. If you don't, you will usually have a round or two of drating to yourself, depending on how many you keepers you chose not to use. But I'd keep Westy, Desean and Johnson, personally.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I just have a feeling that antonio bryant is going to be really good. Desean has been ok he hasent had a really huge game any week this year.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

:tsk:

This about the FUTURE. DeSean is on the upside of his career. Bryant is on the downside.

I can pretty much guarantee in at least 80% of leagues, Bryant will go undrafted and you can pick him up on waivers, unless it's a 16 team league or full of morons. Setting him as a keeper is nothing short of foolish. At the very least, just keep 2, then you, as I said earlier, pick ahead of everyone who kept 3, and you can at the VERY least draft Bryant late.

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i agree with walnuts totally

6. ball in the baskett

Well thats true i could draft bryant later on but i dont really feel confident in keeping desean i dont think he will ever be a superstar receiver but a good one. I will most likley keep housh if anything.Palmer will be back next year to.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Dude you DO NOT HAVE TO KEEP ALL 3!! If you won't listen about DeSean, then at least don't waste a keeper pick for no good reason. Let it ride with 2 solid keepers, and then pick a round AHEAD OF EVERYONE WHO KEPT 3!!! Do you not understand that logic?

Look at it this way if you want to as well. By keeping 3 players, you are effectively giving up your first 3 picks. Do you see Bryant as a top 3 round guy?

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

dont even try lol.

i think i would keep edwards or jackson over bryant

9. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I agree with everyone else about Portis not being keeper material.....My 3 would be:

Matt Ryan
    Adrian Peterson
    Jonathan Stewart

10. K Train

but portis and peterson are both top rushers, its essentially keeping 2 first round picks...

welker gets no love huh?

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

keeping welker depends majorly on teh scoring setup

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:icon_eek:

Omen?

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

bitb-

how does your draft work? for example...in my keeper league, we are allowed to keep two players that were drafted after the third round. I drafted Forte in the 5th this season and will keep him. Next season when the draft comes around, Forte will be my 5th round pick. So in mine, there are a lot of things to take into consideration as far as values go...is your similiar or do you just draft 11 (or whatever) rounds instead of 14 (or whatever?)

Walnuts couldn't be more right...do yourself a favor and don't keep Bryant. He shouldn't even be in the conversation.

14. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

If you're in a ppr league I would keep Welker.

15. ball in the baskett

Im not really sure its ktrains league so he would know but i changed my mind im not keeping bryant. I might keep jackson but im hesitant because he doesent seem like a superstar receiver but he is still a rookie.

16. K Train

you can keep up to 3 players, any player...draft order is based on winner goes last and after that it is determined by what place you get with a tie breaker being the better/worse record. If you keep 0 players you get to draft 3 times before those who kept 3, if you keep one you draft 2 times and so on...its not rocket science.

lol at baskett changing his mind already...let bryant have a 200 yard game next week and see where baskett stands

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

bryant lol, i keep telling you peopel about this kid, lol

I think we should up our keepers

I have to pick 3 from

S-Jax
    Brandon Marshall
    Fitz
    AJ
    Cutler

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im gonna draft Jackson just to make you cry

19. K Train

definitely not upping them

we also need to find a worthy person to adopt our abandoned dawardoes team

Romo
    Addai
    Thomas Jones
    Kevin Smith
    Roddy White
    Chris Chambers
    Dustin Keller
    Vrabel
    Atogwe
    Jason Taylor
    Farrior
    Hawk
    Kaeding

Larry Johnson
    Torry Holt
    Fred Taylor
    Duece Mcalister
    Hackett
    Crayton
    Reggie Williams
    Sidney Rice
    Laron Landry

IR- Osi U

any takers?

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Thats a crappy team, but I'll take it if you're down for it, why not. What are your rules regarding waiver/FA transactions? Unlimited? limited?

Scoring?

Obviously it's a keeper league...