Ads Are Redirtecting Me To Other Sites

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Walnuts, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Dunno. Norton says it blocked a high risk intrusion attempt, A .PDF file or something, and then immediately after Acrobat tries to open a PDF file. I just immediately closed Acrobat. No ill effects that I'm aware of. I basically just closed it before it had a chance to load, I guess. I don't know crap about computers, but I do know a "High risk intrusion" is not something I want to give half a chance to open itself.

THis has happened 3 times to me, all on this site.

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

It's not the scoreboard, I never have the scoreboard open.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Why do you think it takes so long to close Acrobat mike?

Have you ever used it and accepted the license agreement, or have you never viewed a PDF before?

Do you have the status bar enabled in your browser?

Can you read at the bottom of your browser what is being loaded, and does it eventually load something from Statbeast even if you have the scoreboard closed?

4. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Neither do I, yet like I said I had the problem for weeks....it was the scoreboard. Ask HH...he remembers, I had several conversations with him regarding it.

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

when I reset my computer, it reset my office and my acrobat, so luckily, they don't open, it just tries and tries to open and after awhile I can just close the tab that it is trying to open the pdf file in.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I don't know what that means mike.

How do you "reset" your computer?

Are you picking it up and placing it in another spot?

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i get the adobe acrobat thing too while randomly browsing the site

a popup email appears with random characaters then i get an error saying adobe acrobat<sp?> closed improperly and windows is searhcing for the reason

its happened multiple times over the past weekend

8. dolphindude13

Again....not a 100% sure but I never had the Adobe problem here until the scoreboard got installed.....it apparently tried to use adobe to open the program and would freeze my computer and eventually close the window. Haven't had any problem lately though.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I personally have not gotten the .pdf thing, but I have gotten the redirect. I believe the most recent one was Pain101.com.

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

When you see the redirect for Pain101.com you should see the small GridironFans.com banner at the top of the page with the "skip this ad" button to the right. These are the full page ads that the site has. These are supposed to show up once every six hours and will show up more if your broswer's cookies settings are set to not allow cookies.

11. 4STARRFAN

4STARRFAN Rookie

I'm not getting ads, but it is a very raw version of the site. The whole thing is white and just has links to the threads posted on it.

12. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Stop postwhoring in this forum

14. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

around 835am I was directed to this link DigitalFunTown while this adbrite ad was on the forum
    'hey you, hair loss guy football betting picks, acai berry product scam, fantasy football'

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

No rod enlargement?

16. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I have deleted that third party ad. Thanks for the heads up!

17. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

18. dolphindude13

I have been logged in for 20 minutes now and have gotten the full page adds from Deminology and some other place no less than 15-20 times. I can't even function from one page to another and it's very irritating.

And if it's a cookie issue, I shouldn't have to clear my cookies every time I visit the site or every other day. It was just done.

19. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

major problems here as well. anywhere i navigate or post it redirects me to denimology. i've cleared everything and still have the issue. brutal. it'd taken me 4 tries to post this.

20. dolphindude13

I can't take it anymore, I'll check back later and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.