Red Sox To Sign Mark Teixeira, 8yr $184 Million

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by MediaGuy, Dec 18, 2008.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

I just got a text from a Ravens/Orioles Insider. Teixeira signs 8 year deal for $184 million with The Boston Red Sox. Link to follow.

Link Added.

Source: mlb.com

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Holy Screw. Thats a near 23 million a year.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Uh-oh...NOW the Yanks will get Manny :icon_eek:

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Example number 5000 why baseball sucks ass

5. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Damn, that's a lot of jack......Crap like this is what makes it so sweet when the Yanks and the Sox choke.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

7. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Damn, the Yankees & Sox are loading up to make a run at the Rays, ain't they???:icon_cheesygrin:

8. dolphindude13

Breaking News says Sox-Teixera talks have broken down as of an hour ago.....you may need to question your source MG.

Yahoo Sports

Boston Red Sox owner John W. Henry came out of a meeting Thursday night with free agent Mark Teixeira and his agent, Scott Boras, all but declaring that Boston was out of the running for the switch-hitting first baseman.

“We met with Mr. Teixeira and were very much impressed with him,” Henry wrote in an email. “After hearing about his other offers, however, it seems clear that we are not going to be a factor.”

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Doesent matter the these teams are wasteing there money the phillies are going to repeat :icon_cheesygrin:

10. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Its a policy in the organization to not discuss ANY proceedings with free agents or trades. I'm not completely sold on the rumor that they're out of the running. Boston likes to use a lot of smoke & mirrors when it comes to this....so I'm not going to believe anything until he signs a contract.
    Tex is the kind of player that'll bring you championships when hes surrounded by the right people....you give him what he wants.
    And I find it real hard to believe that the O's & Nationals had better offers in than the Sox did.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

hmmmm

Yeah. Maybe you should get your BoSox info from a BoSox insider, MG. Just a thought.

12. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

just as I suspected, now they're saying Boston isn't out of the question, and in fact are still leading the pack....just sign the heckin contract Tex

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The kid wants to come home and play for his favorite team.... stop making it tough on him with your ridiculous contracts that only the evil empires of BoSox and Yankee level evil could afford.

14. dolphindude13

I wish he would end up in Baltimore or Washington just to spite the Sox and Yanks. Just get it done one way or the other, I'm sick of hearing about it.

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I love Teixeira but I hate Boston...

16. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

i think it all comes down to either: a) Being the new face of an organization that's close to home or b) winning championships.
    The nationals just upped the ante for Tex.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ditto. Great Player...

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

true - this worked for the angels.

19. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Wow, I just lost all of my credibility, sorry.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_lol:

Mort...

j/k...