Rays And Pat Burell Agree On A Two Year Deal

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by themush, Jan 5, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

burrell's going to miss CBP, just sayin

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think the "CBP" thing is overrated...

3. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

lets look at 2008 stats for a minute, shall we

Pat Burrell Stats, News, Photos - Tampa Bay Rays - ESPN

yeah. really gonna miss CBP:icon_rolleyes:

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah, dawk and i went through a whole hyperbole of a debate on nflfans with some certain chicago fans that felt they knew more than anyone when it comes to baseball and they would rant endlessly that we would never win a world series because we were overrated in part thanks to CBP.

hmmmm, haven't talked to those guys since we won the world series. :icon_cool:

5. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Seems like it would be very much to your benefit to track those guys down and start that conversation up again.:icon_lol:

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah, i'm sure dawk has already but i may have to drop by there to say, umm, hi. :icon_wink:

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I made comments about doubters of the team and neither of them said a word.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

^^^^ :laughy32:

9. lostfan

lostfan Starter

Are you talking about gb81 and peanut? I don't remember that argument at all, plus it wouldn't make any sense for peanut to argue something like that seeing as how the white sox play in a launching pad themselves. I do remember the silly manufactured rollins vs ramirez arguments though.

10. DawkinsINT

It wasn't a big argument about CPB or anything, but at least one of them made a comment about it. They were Phillies haters in general though. Or at least that's how they came across.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

If you are a Phillies hater, you have a problem...

12. lostfan

lostfan Starter

Had to be gb81, you guys should know he deliberately starts crap if and when he can, not necessarily because he thinks certain things.

13. DawkinsINT

Probably was. I had a bigger problem with Peanut and his just taking into account OPS and discounting defense and games played for the most part. I just think it's silly to not consider that when comparing a certain year. The MVP award itself going to Rollins I didn't care much about. And I don't really have a problem with either one.

14. lostfan

lostfan Starter

If I'm not mistaken it says specifically in the definition of mvp that defense and games played are both factors. The modern day statheads don't bother to look at much else though. Ops is important but if were just gonna give it to the player with the highest ops then milton bradley is the 2008 mvp.

15. DawkinsINT

I didn't even care about the MVP voting. I even said that Holliday might have deserved it more than Rollins. My argument with Peanut was about who had the better year between Rollins and Ramirez. You're completely right about the statheads not thinking outside of that box. Peanut is definitely one of them.

16. lostfan

lostfan Starter

I remember that argument now, it was said that rollins was not even the best SS in his own division. Imo ramirez is the best posotion player in baseball, I would trade him for pujols and no one else and even then id stop to think

17. DawkinsINT

Yeah, and I didn't even say that Rollins was better overall. Just that he had the better year.