Giants' Brandon Jacobs Doesn't Want Braylon Edwards?

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by 86WARD, May 8, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Brandon Jacobs said today on ESPN 1050 Radio that he did not want the Giants to trade for Browns WR Braylon Edwards. "I don't want him," Jacobs told host Brandon Tierney. "There are great players in the league that I don't want. I just think the chemistry between the teammates that I have now is great. We don't need to add a new veteran to the whole group. "I'm good with where we are. I'm glad that we didn't go forward and get him or (Cardinals WR Anquan) Boldin. Those guys are great guys [but] I'm not interested in that idea." Jacobs hinted that rumors the Giants were interested in Edwards were far-fetched, and that Edwards would not adjust to New York. "We don't throw the ball enough for that," Jacobs said.

Source: NYPost.com

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

guess Jacobs has all teh confidence in the WRs on the roster

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Oh, crap. :icon_lol:

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

"We don't throw the ball enough for that," Jacobs said.

In other words i carry this team and eli is just a little snitch that hands me the ball lol.....jk

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I guess he thinks that Edwards and Boldin bring too much locker-room drama...but they're talented...:icon_rolleyes:

6. ball in the baskett

If hakeem nicks doesent step up right away there screwed.

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

And if he does, you are! Muha! :coolgleamA:

Bah, a great running game and D still go a long ways in this league.

Edit - And for the record if you listen to the interview he did answer the question. Screw the Posts 'blog section'.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

What's he supposed to say? "These new kids and the vets we have...they're just not good enough for us to win." lol..

10. ball in the baskett

Well if he isnt a bust maybe you guys will score a offensive td lol.:icon_cool:

11. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

oh, ah ouch, burn...

Where is Inclulbus when you need him? :icon_lol:

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i actually don't mind this comment very much. most players constantly whine and gripe that they want 'new' players added to the roster. in my mind, when players do that, they're insulting the current players on the roster. Jacobs comment at least gives confidence in the teammates he currently has.

13. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Haha. I just finished re-watching last year's Giants/Browns MNF game instead of studying for finals, then I saw this. There was some hatred between Jacobs and the Browns after the preseason game between the two teams in New Jersey. I seem to remember most of it was between Jacobs and Andra Davis, but I wonder if he still holds a grudge from that?