NFL To Add A Second Game In The United Kingdom?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by mike oxlong, May 12, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

With the huge success that has come from the NFL hosting regular season games in London over the past two years, there has arisen consideration for a second game to be added in time for the 2010 season. Commissioner Roger Goodell said on Tuesday this second game could be played in London or possibly another location in the United Kingdom. Goodell stated, "The fan reaction we've had in London has been extraordinary. We would like to feed that passion," Goodell said after speaking at the Charlotte Touchdown Club. "We have a great fan base in the UK. There have been discussions of taking the second game and playing it in another market in the UK. That's something that we'll evaluate."

Source: Gridironfans.com

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Goodell needs to stop wasting the money of americans who pay for the tickets of these games that should be played in AMERICA!!! I'm fine with trying to spead american football to the world but not regular season games, maybe preseason games but not when it really counts and it costs season ticket holders 80 dollars or so per ticket.

3. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

I'd love to see Philly play in person :D.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Here's an idea, Roger. Why don't you play the whole 256 regular season games, all the play-offs, the Super Bowl, and the Probowl in freaking London and get this over with? :icon_rolleyes:

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

How can he believe that having a second game in London would be more valuable than having one in Berlin?

As much as I love having the game here, one is enough (Unless the second is a permanent Rams fixture :p)!

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I hate everything about this league playing games in other countries! I hate it!

7. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

I understand one game, but 2 in the UK? If you're going to do 2 international series games, you have to do one out in Berlin or some crap.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

BRING THE NFL BACK TO MEXICO, GODDAMMIT!!!!!

9. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Screw off to Berlin

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

so more Americans living in Europe will get a chance to catch a live NFL game? Great.

once again, how is this expanding the fan base again?

11. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Roger, Roger, Roger

STOP! The National Football League is OUR National Football League. I understand wanting a global game with international fan base, but if you're doing that, go with preseason games or cal this the IFL or something.

12. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

this is stupid

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

this times like a thousand.

14. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Agreed

15. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I'm hoping they bring some NFL games back to Cleveland this year.

16. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

The NHL has teams from two nations :eek:a02:.

17. alwaysabear

alwaysabear Rookie

So does the MLB:icon_smile:

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

And the NBA :icon_confused:

19. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Godell already said this during the SB and that he plans to locate a team at London. He's going to do it, no matter what.

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Like Garnett said, welcome to the IFL...