Steelers LB James Harrison's Son Attacked By His Dog

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by wide right, May 22, 2009.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Steelers linebacker James Harrison's young son is being treated at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh after being bitten by an animal -- apparently Harrison's pet dog, WTAE Channel 4 Action News has learned. A source told reporter Ari Hait that the injuries to James Harrison III are severe, but not life-threatening. "We are aware of the situation but this is a personal matter for James," Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten said in a statement. Harrison, of Franklin Park, has a pit bull, but it's not known if that dog is the same one that attacked his child, who was born in 2007.

Source: WTAE-TV

2. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Bet Vick wishes he was still in business now

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I hope the kid recovers fully.

4. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

:qft:

5. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

Thoughts and prayers towards the harrison family!

Get well soon!

6. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

that happens to me and my friends all the time when we bike, soo annoying, a pit bull bit my friend once

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I would never get a pitbull those things are evil.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Damn, that sucks to hear this.

9. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

[​IMG]

Should all have to wear them..

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, this sucks and many times a year we hear about young kids, usually 7 or 8 years old and younger, getting hurt or killed by pit bulls. i don't know if i would say they should all be muzzled though because ultimately it's not the dog's fault that he's a dog. In all reality, this is a parental issue because they allowed the toddler to get that close to the dog's mouth for whatever reason. bad parenting. sorry, no way around this one guys. that's some pretty crapty parenting there.

11. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

They are actually known for being especially loyal & delicate with children (I believe thats what earned them their 'nanny dog' nickname in Britain) - its just careless ownership that creates issues, as is the case with almost all domestic animals.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's an idiot for even having a Pitbull around kids...

Stubbing is right...crapty parenting. Imagine if Harrison was in DC...the dog would've probably eaten the kids eyes out...

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've never seen that Pit bulls are loyal and dedicated to kids...that's news to me. Perhaps I'm just hearing all the negative stories about them...regardless, like you said, it's careless ownership and parenting that creates these issues.

14. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

Like Harrison should have been in the Superbowl, the dog should be ejected for such a flagrant offense.

15. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I have never heard them called a "nanny dog"

99% of pitbulls are naturally aggressive because of the breeding of them to fight before laws banning it. Having them anywhere near kids is dumb and asking for this sort of thing to happen.

16. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

What's the reason to own these dogs as pets to begin with? The dogs are badass, so I'm a badass because I own one. What a crock. See what happens? I hope the kid is ok.

17. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

hope the child recovers fully, its really sad news

and i hope the dog isnt put down for this, it wouldnt be right

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

That being said....sorry for the kid and wouldn't be surprised if it was the Pit Bull.

19. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

there's plenty of healthy, good, and friendly pitbulls out there.

20. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

pitbulls are one thing, but kids + pitbulls is a whole different story. after hearing harrison on the radio, (only a few sound bytes on why he isn't going to the white house,) i've come to the conclusion that this guy is one hell of a football player but also one hell of an ingnorant loser.... tsk tsk to you james harrison