Awards Discussion

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Dougerrrr, May 31, 2009.

1. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Just trying to help out a little and started a thread where Awards can be discussed.

Captain can re work his rant here if he'd like and others can add to it or rebutt it.

I love the awards but sometimes people make a joke of them. Members seem to not look at the whole body of work that our members add to the site. We all tend to see snippets and pieces, which is fine.
    Vote for whomever you'd like...in the end....it's an internet site.:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i missed this rant, whats it about?

3. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Go to the Joe Montana voting thread.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

ok, i read it

ive always taken the joe montana award to be the most valuable member to the site
    someone who contributes across the board, not just the football section.
    thats just my two cents

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Which is how you should take it...

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, at the risk of being given more negative rep for expressing my opinion, I understand that the Joe Montana award is and should be an 'across the board/general' MVP award, which obviously includes SRW, Sweets, news posters, etc., who do a fantastic job at GIF. Basically all I was trying to say is that I would like a way to recognize the guys that I converse with in actual football discussions, which is the only reason I would frequent a football site (to get varying opinions and discuss the game).

my bad for bringing it up. didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Capt, no need to apologize for ever expressing your opinion, this is a site where we hope we never stifle anyone's thoughts as long as it's put in the right place.

You can recognize those people by nominating them and saying why, you can always turn votes that way and also by giving rep to someone and if someone is going to neg rep you for saying what's on your mind they need to take a step back and realize that neg rep is for losers.

8. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

word

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

dude its all good man, i appreciate your direct honesty

10. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

whats wrong with the captains idea of a football only award? besides the logistics, its not a horrible idea. yet he's getting it from all directions.

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He's not getting it from all directions, wth are you talking about? One person neg repped him, so what most of us enjoy Capt. and his postings.

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That's kind of what I was thinking Sweets...

13. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

seems like most people are giving him crap for his suggestion or his list.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Most people? nah, one or two if that.

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I see his point and was trying to help by creating this thread. I don't think we need another award necessarily but I definitely see his point.