Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen Wants To Push Matt Cassel

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Jun 3, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Chiefs quarterback Tyler Thigpen was interviewed by the Kansas City Star and said that he wants to push Matt Cassel. Thigpen said that he wants "to get out there and compete each and every day. I'm gonna make myself a better quarterback, because if I make myself better that's going to push Matt [Cassel] and the other guys." Thigpen was then asked if he was frustrated by the fact that he's behind Cassel on the depth chart. "It's not frustrating. You have to take it with a grain of salt, I mean, it's a business and you've got to understand how it works," he added. "Right now, I'm sitting behind Matt. I'm going to push him to make him better, because when I make him better that's going to make this team better."

Source: Kansas City Star

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Love that attitude Thiggy.

Stay humble and keep pushing the rest of team.

I've got a lot of respect for that kid and it keeps growing.

3. tammietailgator

tammietailgator ROCK CHALK!

Class act!!! I hope he will be our future!

4. RAIDERH8ER

RAIDERH8ER Benched

gotta look at it this way...this time last year you were 3rd string...now your going into this year 2nd string!

5. tammietailgator

tammietailgator ROCK CHALK!

And well deserved considering what he had to work with last season

6. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Thiggy = Wildcat

Mark it down.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah.

He truly made chicken salad out of chicken crap.

8. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Thigpen > Cassel

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Pushing someone isn't very nice. Don't be a bully.:icon_cheesygrin:

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I really like Thigpen...I'd love to see him win the starting job...

11. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

He's a smart kid. He says and does all the right things.

But you know behind closed doors, he threw a snitchfit when they traded for Matt.

12. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

LJ would slap snitches :icon_cheesygrin:

13. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

In Arizona, Ken Whissenhunt declared 'open season' on the starting QB position in training camp. Matt Leinert was No.1 on the depth charts coming in, much the same as Cassell, but the pre-season competition proved an aging Kurt Warner worthy of the start. Haley was part of the decision-making process and now he brings that successful experience to KC. He's declared an open competition (kcchiefs.com) and if Thigpen pushes Cassell hard enough, he could find himself calling signals on opening day. I'd love to see it.

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

As much as I agree with you, I can't see Cassel not starting. You don't pay a guy 14 mil to be a back-up, although that's all I think Cassel is. If Thigpen did win the starting job how bad would that really make Pioli look?

15. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I like Tyler's attitude.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Dude if Cassel can get sacked (I believe) 48 times and finish a season he's exactly what we need for a starter/backup.

QB's drop like flies in KC if they don't know how to run.

17. Raider4Life

Raider4Life Rookie

Thigpen reminds me of Rich Gannon. With more playing time and experience he could become a very good QB and with the right talent around him even a pro-bowler.

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Hate your team, love your opinion dude!

:cheersbeer:

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

WTF are you talking about? I said that no matter what Cassel has to be the starter baring injuries because of his contract.

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm not arguing dude, I'm simply stating that someone who can take a hit and not get knocked out of the game immediately is what we need.

We got it.

I'm sure he will start, but I'd like to see Thiggy give him a run for his money.