Mike Vrabel 'Confused' By Trade From Patriots To Chiefs

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Jun 7, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

New Chiefs LB Mike Vrabel said he was "confused" when the Patriots traded him to Kansas City earlier this offseason. Vrabel skipped the team's voluntary workout sessions but reported for a mandatory minicamp on Friday. "Im here. I didnt sign up. Theres a difference in this league in being a free agent and being traded," Vrabel said, via the Kansas City Star. "I dont know what to tell you. I got a call in March, and here I am." Vrabel, a 12-year veteran who spent the past eight seasons in New England, clarified that he's not upset with being a member of the Chiefs. "Dont confuse that Im not excited to be here, because Im here and Im happy," he said. "I want to be here."

Source: USA Today

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i thought early reports sounded like he was pumped to be there now not so sure

3. RAIDERH8ER

RAIDERH8ER Benched

oh heck here we go....

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Why say something like that? He had to have known that it would have been twisted into something negative.

5. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Sure deep down he's excited as Hell going from the Pats to the Chiefs. Who wouldn't be:icon_rolleyes: On a positive note, he's a gamer, and you will get 100% on every play. Good addition on the short term 1-2 years for the Chiefs.

6. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

what an idiot. the pats just wanted 2 dump some salary cap space, and why not on an over the hill back up that gets paid 2 much as a back up.

7. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

True, but he would have started again for us, so he should do well for you guys also. We needed the cap room bad or we wouldn't have made the move.

8. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I think Vrabel will be fine.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Doesn't sound like he's excited...lol...

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It's not difficult to understand why he would be bitter. Who the hell wouldn't be in his situation?

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This sounds more like he's kind of pissed at the Pats rather than pissed to be a Chief.

In his situation it's hard to say anything and not have it construed in a thousand different ways.

12. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

How could he be pissed 2 be a chief? he's going 2 get paid. i think he is more disturbed he didnt have a hand in where he got traded 2.

13. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Yes, it sounds like he's kind of pragmatic.
    I didn't choose to be there but since I'm there I'll do my job anyway.

14. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

He had a real good chance for a couple of more rings at NE before he retired. Not going to happen at KC. Plus he's tight with Bru and the guys.