Falcons QB Michael Vick Not On 49ers Radar

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by 86WARD, Jun 8, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Earlier today on Sirius NFL radio on "The Sirius Blitz" with hosts Adam Schein and Jim Miller, 49ers GM Scot McCloughan mentioned his pleasure with quarterback Alex Smith's improvement and how Smith looked to be better than ever before. McCloughan was asked by Miller about the rumors that the 49ers have an interest in Falcons QB Michael Vick. "Well, I think what happens there, and I totally respect it, is people understand who Mike Singletary is and understand that he has no problem giving guys second chances. Coach and I have sat down. We sat down and talked last week. We had an off-week of OTAs and we discussed about Michael Vick and we're not going to go that route. We will not do it." McCloughan answered. Co-Host Adam Schein asked again, "So Michael Vick is not on the radar for the 49ers?" McCloughan responded, "Correct."

Source: San Francisco Examiner

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I support him playing in the NFL again sert.

How long have you been a 9ers fan?

3. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

That's not saying much... :redface:

4. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

And now mccloughlan needs to go....Smith getting better? freaking joke...cut the damn cord already..

5. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I'd really hate to see Vick with us, he wouldn't be much of an improvement anyways.

6. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

I thought the Falcons released Vick, so why is he being spoken of as Falcons QB. Isnt he a Free Agent QB?

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

He has not officially been released...

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Because we have some pipedream that someone is going to up and offer some huge deal for a guy who's been in prison for two years.