The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I finally got around to cfreaking out Gran Torino[/u]. I was quite disappointed. I liked it somewhat, but it could have been so much better. I couldn't relate to any of the characters and a lot of the acting was pretty bad. Clint's constant growling got on my nerves too. Not a horrible film, but after watching Unforgiven a few days ago, this isn't anywhere near that awesomeness.

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

and somehow that movie is #77 all-time on IMDB's top 250. Gran Torino sucked monkey nuts.

3. DawkinsINT

No way! Awful. I thought it was decent enough to watch once, but no way should it make that list.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

5. DawkinsINT

Roberto was such a great person in addition to being a tremendous player. I set my dvr to record the next airing on Wednesday. I'm glad you posted this.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

nice nice... yeah some good footage in it. Really a tremendous person, and talented player. Kinda crazy his career hit totals, 3000 right on the dot lol.

7. DawkinsINT

Yeah, the 3k hit total before he lost his life helping others was totally strange.

8. DawkinsINT

I just watched Defiance with Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber, and Jamie Bell. It was decent. The three leads were good and the true story was interesting, but the screenplay was lacking. It lacked a certain punch to me. It was worth the watch though.

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I thought Defiance sucked, I couldn't really get into the story the acting was mediocre, more than anything I just didn't find the story very appealing.

On a side note, a couple of good movies hit the net today... The Last House On The Left, and Sunshine Cleaning with Amy Adams. I might watch the Last house on the left tonight... pm me if you want some links.

Going to watch HOME! tonight... visually stunning film. or as IMDB says a stunning visual portrayal of earth, watch it on your home theatre system...

10. DawkinsINT

What I liked about the story in Defiance was that it was based on a true story. I didn't realize they had numbers up to 1200 people or so in one group together in the woods.

I'm going to add those other 3 movies to my blockbuster queue if they aren't there already.

11. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I watched:

The Women: total chick flick, meg ryan, debra messing, annette benning, bette midler, jada pinkett, they didn't show any men the whole movie. men should not have to watch this movie, the only saving grace was eva mendes was in it and she was hot as crap, even had a whole scene in lingerie.

Bolt: surprisingly entertaining, if not for the hamster though, it might have been unwatchable.

Screw: a documentary featuring actors, authors, musicians, comedians all exploring the word and usage and meanings and all apsects of the word heck. pretty interesting and entertaining, kind of had the feel of The Aristocrats documentary. Again it was entertaining, but nothing exceptional.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Finally watched The Hangover..... it was ridiculous....definitely Todd Phillips second best movie.

13. mike oxlong

what was his best? Old School? I put it above old school, I put it above road trip.

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

lol road trip... not really a legitimate movie..

Yeah that Home documentary was awesome, pretty incredible. I have alot of thoughts on it but I'm just going give y'all one. Deforestation freaking sucks! and go watch this documentary it's much better than some silly documentary about some silly word.

[​IMG]

Just look at that pic of the deforestation in Madagascar, insane...

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

The last house on the left was pretty good. I give it an 8 out of 10... one of the better 09 horror movies to come out so far.

16. mike oxlong

The Duchess - keira knightley, ralph fiennes, movie about royalty, love, power, relationships. It wasn't bad, but it isn't the type of movie that I would pick. The wife picked it.

Westworld - classic, vacation resort with robots as lifelike as people for the rich to go and enjoy life as a roman, or a lord in medeivel times, or live life in the old west where a man can kill a gunslinger and imagine what life was like as a big shot cowboy. All is well until the robots turn the tables on the humans. Yul Brynner is awesome. I have seen it a bunch of times, but not for a long time.

Maltese Falcon - another classic and humphrey bogart at his best, great acting and story and script throughout the cast including Peter Lorre & Sydney Greenstreet. A woman turns to PI Sam Spade (Bogart) to help her in her efforts to obtain this artifact and want spade or his partner to follow her partner. Spade's partner and the man he was following both end up dead and so begins a story that is filled with greed and deciept in which spade has to untagle the web and figure what is real and who killed who. great movie.

17. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

watched The Hangover the funniest movie I have seen in a long time :rofl:

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I started to watch Meet the Spartans on HBO...I made it 7 minutes...awful.

The Day The Earth Stood Still (the original) - GREAT movie...I refuse to watch the one with Keanu Reeves. The best line...I'm worried about Gort. I'm afraid of what he could do if anything should happen to me. He's a robot. Without you, what could he do? There's no limit to what he could do. He could destroy the Earth.

It Happens Every Spring - This professor accidentally finds a repellent for wood when a baseball crashes through his lab window and smashes all his experiments, mixing all the fluids. He tries out for St. Louis and takes his team to the world series...good movie.

19. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

watched Young Guns 2 last night
    love it still, but its not a very good movie

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I watched King of California this morning. It was very good...funny. Michael Douglas and Evan Rachel Wood are in it.