Browns WR Donte Stallworth To Serve 30 Days In Jail

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by MediaGuy, Jun 16, 2009.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

All parties involved in the case from the lawyers to the judge should be thrown in jail. It's a crime in it's self that he only got 30 days.

One interesting point from the article...

Stallworth also reached a confidential financial settlement with the Reyes' family,

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

what a serious crock of horsecrap

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If my brother, or any of member of my family got killed by a drunk driver (God forbid), I wouldn't accept a penny from the guy who did it, and I'd make sure he'd spend the rest of his life in jail.

What a great family...seriously :icon_rolleyes:

Ohh...and I don't care that Vick's sentence had more to do with the conspiracy and his illegal gambling ring, it still doesn't compare to killing another person.

4. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Lucky butt snitch. Plain and Simple.

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'm more disgusted the fact that the family were more than willing to accept a financial settlement. They have basically exchanged a family member for money, which makes them complete scum.

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

That settlement crap crawls my skin too guys.

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

30 freaking days are you freaking kidding me that is total bullcrap dude needed years

8. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

30 Days are you kidding me. How is it possible that Murders like Leonard Little and now Stallworth get off like this but Vick gets hammered so seriously. Which i don't have a problem with but to me the lost of human life is worse then the loss of Canine life.

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Rep.

Send his butt down here to Phoenix where Sheriff Joe Arpaio will throw his butt in in tent city. If he's gonna do 30 days he should at least do it in the worst place possible, unless Kid Bentley enjoys 100 degrees 24/7 and one bologna sandwich a day. Freaking buttholes...all of them.

10. davematthews3

Hopefully Sheriff Goddell takes care of Stallworth himself.

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

They werent to upset to take the money he offered.

12. davematthews3

It doesn't mean they weren't upset they just needed some paper to dry the tears.

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

they more than likely needed the money to help pay for the hospital and funeral cost

14. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Mike...5 million dollars to pay for funeral costs? Where is he getting buried? On the moon?

15. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

did the guy have kids?

16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He had a 15 year old daughter who wanted to end the whole ordeal as quickly as possible. She was a big factor in this.

17. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

you cant hold it against stallworth for having the resources to find his way out, im sure if everyone that killed a man behind the wheel was a millionaire there would be alot of these cases.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

you're completely worng dawk, sorry, way off. i am sorry but killing dogs, leading and organized crime ring and lying still do not equal killing a person. period.

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I would agree if it were contemplated murder. It wasn't. As it was, no way to compare the two cases. None. Anyone who thinks this was a matter of valuing dogs lives more than humans is just being downright ignorant and not understanding the charges and pleas in both cases.

20. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The bottom line is that the system is grotesquely flawed to allow a person who took another person's life to receive lesser a punishment (taking away freedom) than a person who did not commit a crime against another human being. Kidnapping, rape, murder, manslaughter are crimes against another that need to be dealt with far harsher than crimes that do not have a direct consequence on the lives of another. Too bad our judicial system doesn't dole out punishment as stipulated vs. accepting a deal. Sadly, I no longer feel for the victim's family. They just monetized his death.