Browns To Trade Joshua Cribbs For Brandon Marshall?

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Jun 17, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

There is a rumor swirling that the Broncos could deal star receiver Brandon Marshall to the Browns, according to ProFootballTalk.com. The rumor suggests that Josh Cribbs and draft picks could be sent to Denver in a trade for Marshall. If Marshall did land in Cleveland, they would have a tremendous duo at receiver if Braylon Edwards remains with the club.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

That would be good for brady quinn rather see him as a brown than a raven.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

what an awful trade

4. soopacee

soopacee Rookie

you know if he goes to the Browns, braylon edwards will be involded in the trade somehow

5. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

How could the Broncos accept that kind of trade? :dontknow:

6. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

At first i was all for the Mcdaniels Hiring but after seeing how badly he is butchering this team maybe he just wasn't ready. If they make this trade and one of those picks isn't a first round pick. He would have definatly succeded in making them the worst team in the division by far.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

we don't know what the 'draft picks' would be in the swap so we can't say if it would be a bad deal for the broncos or not.

If it's Cribbs and the 2010 first round pick of the Browns for

Brandon Marshall .......................

could anyone say that was a bad deal for a Denver team in rebuilding mode?

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Well considering they wasted their 2010 1st Rounder from the Cutler deal for Alphonso Smith (Who I'd be surprised to see develop any further than a nickel), I doubt they care about properly rebuilding...

9. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Doesn't seem to fit for 2 reasons. First, Mangini has been focusing on bringing in "character guys","team players", and/or "choir boys". A guy working his way out of his contract who has already been suspended for off the field issues doesn't seem to fit with that. Second, he comes from the school of stocking draft picks, not shipping them out.
    I'm not saying it can't happen, or I wouldn't be thrilled to have Brandon Marshall, just my opinion at first glance.

10. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

so because you in your opinion Alphonso Smith wont develop into anything more than a nickel corner you doubt they care about properly rebuilding? First of all who are you?? do you have experience breaking down coaches film?? have you ever run an nfl franchise?? maybe Denver has gone backwards, it definately looks that way, but none of us know for sure yet. Regardless, to say they "don't care" is ridiculous...you can say they made mistakes, but Denver has been a respectable organization forever...they definately care and know more about the ins and outs of the game than any of us. As for the trade, until we know the actual deal none of us can really judge.

11. ball in the baskett

Theres no doubt that there offense is not going to be as good as last years. Getting rid of your 2 best stars on offense isnt a move in the right direction. They might have been a successful organization but things change. Even if smith ends up being a decent corner he was not worth a future star QB.

12. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

agreed but hes not the only pick they received for Cutler, and my point was saying that they "dont care" about rebuilding properly is ridiculous...made mistakes yes but "don't care" c'mon baskett you have to agree that thats a dumb statement

13. ball in the baskett

I wouldent say dont care cause obviously all teams care about improving. I just dont see the logic that the organization is going with.

14. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I couldn't agree more, but you kind of have to give them 2 or 3 years to see what they're trying to do. I personally don't have a problem with what they're doing not because I love McDaniels but because I think Marshall is a basket case and can't stay out of legal trouble, and Cutler is a whiney little snitch who has tremendous upside, but threw alot of bad INT's last year that put his team in a bad spots despite all the yardage he threw for. Check out the stats on his INT's in his own red zone, and on his side of the 50. I have no problem with the organization not allowing these guys to hold them hostage. They just need to make sure they get proper compensation for Marshall

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Mangini doesn't want Braylon Edwards let alone Brandon Marshall. Joshua Cribbs...lol...

16. ball in the baskett

Yea but hes also only had 2 years of starting in the league.Peyton manning had way more INTs his first couple of years and look at him now.Cutler is most likely gonna be a future star QB with some time. Marshall is a trouble maker but still a great offensive weapon. He had some really sick games last year. Atleast with marshall the broncos offense would be ok but without him its very mediocre most likley. The one person that this sucks for is brian dawkins. He thought he was coming to a good situation and now hes gonna retire soon and he might not even get a chance at the playoffs again. Atleast he got one last payday.

17. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

For a second there I thought you were talking about Favre :icon_twisted:

18. Care to actually back that up beyond being a random guess, or are you just jumping on the bandwagon that because he is only 5'9 he can't ever be a starter?

Come on draftnik, let's hear it? Have you even seen him play at Wake?:icon_rolleyes:

19. Also, I was under the impression it was their own 2010 pick, not the one acquired from the Bears.

20. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It was, basically McDaniels traded a top five pick for a nickle back/project player. As for Marshall, trading him for a KR/PR would make it that much more proof the McDaniels can't be a head coach, even with another 1st involved in the trade, because you are trading a young proven player for a coin flip.