2009 Formula 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by ollysj, Jun 21, 2009.

1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Looks like Moseleys and Eccelstones plan to cut the teams budget to 45 millions, is the end of the F1.
    I hope that the Pirate teams start an own league, driving on the classics venues and don't try to expand to emerging nations, where the ppl hardly can afford a ticket, bc it's a annual salary for them.

2. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

lol , maybe 2 series next season

1st series : 8 FOTA Teams

2nd series : with 5 F1 Teams

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

lol, the budget of those 5 teams, will be less than the one of a single Piratesteam

4. L.Johnson #27

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The CART/IRL split killed open wheel racing in North America. The FIA/FOTA split could kill open wheel all together. There isn't a market for two "formula 1" series. There just isn't.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Well, if Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, Toyota, BMW-Sauber, BrawnGP, Red Bull and Toro Rosso starts their own series, I can't see how the FIA will survive.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ferrari is under contract with FIA until 2012, IIRC. If Ferrari tries to get out, things will become even uglier.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Contract or not, Ferrari will drop out

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

F1 racing is dead, anyway...if this happens.

10. L.Johnson #27

mosley and bernie --> freaking fools

The crap has already started years ago ... the great , traditional tracks were deleted and and a few garbage racetracks were added .... turkey....

every year , freaking new dumb rules

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Max and Bernie answered a question that was not asked.

Their foolness to implement a budget cap, that was not needed because even though there are car constructors filling for bankruptcy all over America, the current teams (Fiat, Mercedes, BMW, Toyota, et al) are not in any finacial crisis at all.

F1 doesn't need a budget cap. F1 doesn't need new stupid rules every year. F1 doesn't need to race in freaking Singapour or Bahrein!!

Bernie's greedyness and Max's stuborness and moronic ideas are about to destroy one of the most awesome sports in the world. I startetd watching F1 racing even before I watched my first football game.

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

they are too TJ, but not as bad as the US carbuilders.

The reason the FIA installed the cap, was that they wanted to explore new markets with teams that can't spend that kind of money as the top teams does.

I really hope the FOTA will start an own series with affordable ticket prices and get rid of the new tracks.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If we learned anything from the CART/IRL split in the mid-90's, is that there isn't a market big enough for two top open-wheel series in a given region. Indy Car was way bigger than NASCAR back in the day, and after the split, NASCAR ate them both alive. They got back together last year, but the damage is too severe, and they will never recover.

The same can happen with F1. If we get two F1 championships, the market will also split, and none of them will be able to survive. I don't care how much money Bernie has. It's just impossible.

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Again, the fans will follow teams like Ferrari, McLaren, BMW and Toyota, not Eccelstone and Mosley

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, that's what CART thought. Fans will follow the Andrettis, the Unsers, and all the top teams. Eventually CART went bankrupt and the IRL ended up killing the sport.

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The FOTA got their way. Mosley won't go for another run as FIA president and the teams getting more involed if it comes down to rules, salaries and so on

Looks like Eccelstone knews, that he had a crapty product w/o the top teams

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Of course he knows!!! He didn't become a billionaire by making dumb moves. The teams have been raped all these years by FIA, in money earnings and all. Of course, this was when the teams were private. Did they really think that the big corporate car builders would take crap like that?

Mosley is a brainless moron.

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

According to his HP, Michael Schumacher is going to help Ferrari out and will replace Felipe Massa for the rest of the season. :shock:

19. cesar26

cesar26 Starter

Yea hope fully he can show kimi how to drive a ferrari.

20. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

i heard about shumacher as well