Bears Unlikely Have Enough To Trade For Brandon Marshall

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by SRW, Jun 28, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

New Bears QB Jay Cutler has gone out of his way to sing the praises of former teammate Brandon Marshall, who wants out of Denver. But team sources believe that, even if the Bears seriously considered a deal for the Pro Bowl receiver, it would appear that they just dont have enough ammo at present to realistically pull it off.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. soopacee

soopacee Rookie

if marshall goes there, they are gonna be tough to beat

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

They probably do have enough to pull it off...it's just that the Bronco's asking price for Marshall will be too high...

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

If the Broncos are asking for a first round pick in next year's draft, we don't have that. If they are asking for a 2nd and other considerations, that we do have. Not to mention, I bet they would ask for one of our players as part of the deal too.

5. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

I have said it before and will again. I would not give up a first plus for Marshall when Boldin can be had for same price. With the legal issues Marshall has the risk is not worth it to me. A 2nd plus might be worth it depending on what the "plus" is

6. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

Doesn't Hester and a 2nd round pick. Beat the offer they supposedly wanted from the browns of Cribbs and a pick?

7. bergybones

Intriguing trade scenario Dave. I dont think I would want to get rid of Hester though. I know this may be dumb question but did Marshall return kicks for Denver last year as well as play wideout?

8. davematthews3

No I don't believe he did. However that's why I think it works. What they lose in a KR they gain in a WR and Vice versa for Denver. And I think Eddie Royal is ready or could be ready to be a Number 1 guy.

9. bergybones

As much as I have been against a trade for Marshall I cant help but think I like this one. Any Bears fans around to give some insite on this proposal.

Dave maybe you need to be a GM somewhere, but as we see in our other thread not a commish :icon_cheesygrin:

10. davematthews3

Thanks for the semi compliment. Sadly the deal makes too much sense for any of the gm's to actually do it.