Joseph Addai Or Donald Brown?

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Harvs01, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Joseph Addai had a great rookie year with the Colts two seasons ago. After a subpar year in Indianapolis last season, the Colts spent a first round draft pick on RB Donald Brown. My question is will Addai bounce back and get at least 50% of the carries this year, or does Brown come in and become the feature back for the Colts in 2009?

2. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

I think by the end of the year Donald will be the man. If it happens soon enough to get half of the carries for the season or not I am not sure.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Neither until the Colts get linemen that can actually run block. Addai is to talented to only average just 3.5 ypc.

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

it does not look like addai's body can handle the bulk of the load so brown might end up getting the bulk of the load dude is a work horse

5. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I personally think that Addai is going to have a much better year this year with the addition of Brown, but It's because he cant carry the load, and by sharing carries his body will hold up. I think they will literrally split carries by mid season, but Addai will end up with more because he will get more early on in the season.

6. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

IMO this is dead on. Addai is not an everydown back, not big enough and too fragile. The addition of Brown will only help Addai.

7. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Indy will have an even more dangerous offense with both of these guys in the backfield, Peyton is going to just pick teams apart IMO.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree!

I think the Colts will start off with Addai and Brown splitting the carries. With Addai's injuries, I think eventually Brown will take over and become the "primary back." If the O-Line can hold up, Browns speed and cutting ability will keep him in the game. Not to mention his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. I think Brown's a perfect fit in Indy.

But for now...I think Brown plays the Dominic Rhodes role. If the line gets better G play, the two could combine for 1700-1800 rushing yards.

9. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I agree completely Ward, I think until about the midway point of the season Brown is Rhodes, then starts to take more carries

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's how I see it. I just don't think Addai can carry most of the load and Caldwell's said he wants to ee significant improvement in the run game, so I don't think he'll hesitate to put Brown in and give him a shot...

11. 86ward is dead on.It will go just like Addai's rookie season when he and Rhodes switched off every series, Addai will start in the regular season and depending on production Brown will start in the playoffs. If Addai stays healthy that long

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

As I said, neither back is going to produce on the ground until the line learns how to run block. I see a 60-40 split until Brown is more comfortable in the offense.

13. KingJordan

KingJordan Starter

Brown seems better fit for the workhorse role. I just wish Addai would start running hard again.

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

15. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Addai starts, Brown gets spot duty. If he is productive in his spot duty, he earns more carries/snaps.