New Dedicated Server Move Bug Report Thread V4.0

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Sweets, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Ok everyone with our new dedicated server move if you come across any issues on the site please post them here. This will be the official bug report thread.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I figured out the issue with the new posts button in the top left corner. It doesn't work only in the index page. The rest of the site it works, but for some reason, it sends a 404 not found error when I click it from the main page.

I knew I wasn't crazy...yet

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I think I figured out. The link in the index page is wrong, it's directed to:

Code:
    http://gridironfans.com/search.php
    It should be like it is in every other page of the site:

Code:
    http://gridironfans.com/forums/search.php
    Hope that helps.

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Page is still slow for me :icon_sad:

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

every page Olly or certain ones?

5. Malakai

Malakai Starter

Are you located in the USA?

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I get some slow loading pages every once in a while.

When it happens, it happens quite a few times in a row, so for now I'm assuming it's because things are being tweaked on the server.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Olly is located in Germany.

8. Malakai

Malakai Starter

Some factors that need to be considered (which you'll know being an IT guy) is that because these forums have so many modules installed, it can be quite demanding when enough members are navigating through the forums causing all these instances to process at once.
    I'm not saying that is the definite cause of the slowness, it can be any number of reasons but the most likely is to be the size of the forum script with the additional mods.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Ah this explains alot, assuming your server is in the USA - being in germany you can imagine that the connection from his computer to the server has to be formed over thousands of miles.
    If you had the same server in the UK, his loading speeds would be much faster.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That post took 1:48 to load.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yes our server is in the US.

11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

So they move the server back and forward, bc somties it's slower and other times faster. I also can navigate on other US located sites way faster than here.

Sweets, it's different. Replies took ages to load, accessing forums or threads is faster, but not fast.

12. Malakai

Malakai Starter

No no, understand that a connection never keeps the same strength, so sure at times it will be fast, then other times it wont.
    Though we've discussed that there is other lagging happening, but that's being worked on now, just some server optimizing.

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I just posted in the Dallas sucks monkey balls thread, and instead of my reply being on the very tail end, it's like 6 pages from the very end.

14. Malakai

Malakai Starter

It shows in the right place for me.

This happened to me on the other server when I posted in the Baby Pic thread, but it ended up in the right place.

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

It shows as the last post for me as well.

16. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

When I click on 154 Unread Posts since your last visit. I get a 404 error page sometimes.

17. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

This isn't really a new server issue because it was doing it on the old on too...

When you click on Top 5 Stats>View more results>and try to update it to the top 10 or anything else you get this message...

No big deal, just an FYI

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It happens on the index page only. The link is wrong. Please refer to the second or third post in this thread where I explain the issue.

Pretty simple. It won't take more than 30 seconds to fix it.

19. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I have fixed the issue with the unread posts link on the front page.

20. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Me too.