Tony Dungy Says Michael Vick Could Be Signed Soon

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Aug 9, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy, who agreed to serve as an adviser and mentor to recently reinstated quarterback Michael Vick, said on NBC's Sunday night broadcast of the Hall of Fame Game that he expects Vick to sign with an NFL team soon. Dungy did not identify any teams that might be pursuing Vick, but said: "He's talked to several teams and he has several teams interested.... I think something may happen here pretty shortly." Asked later if he anticipates that Vick's signing could come within the next week or so, Dungy said: "I think that's what's gonna happen. He's talked to several teams. We've kicked around several scenarios.... I just feel it's gonna come pretty quick here."

Source: Washington Post

2. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

man, I hope he doesn't come to New England

3. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

The league minimum will not help him much now. But someone will give it to him. If they want to take on the Media Fire Storm to follow. :icon_cheesygrin:

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

While I respect Tony greatly, I think he might have just been trying to garner interest for him.

5. Vick to 49ers=playoffs

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Are you joking?

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Whatever team signs him will be covered contract/cap-wise...however, after seeing that he is still hanging with the "thugs," I would want no part of him...

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

bring him on

i heard the team is most likely east of the mississippi, but i think the vikings make the most sense

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So you are saying you want him on the Steelers?

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

absolutely....i would love the uproar it would cause. old steeler fans that are stuck in the 70s would flip crap and i thrive off that

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

After listening to them ramble on about Vick last night, Sounded to me like Tony is in the dark, and just trying to create some buzz or something.

12. RAIDERH8ER

RAIDERH8ER Benched

Call Al davis....