Forrest Griffin Uninjured, Not Dealing Well With Loss

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by CP26, Aug 11, 2009.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Following a devastating knockout loss to UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 101 on Saturday night, former 205-pound champion Forrest Griffin wasted no time getting up from the mat and quickly exiting the Octagon. At the post fight press conference, UFC President Dana White said he hadn't seen or heard from Griffin after the fight and he could be "back in Georgia" at that point. "He's an emotional guy," commented White.

Source: MMA Weekly

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he never really stood a chance

3. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Well every fighter stands a punchers chance but as soon as Anderson started screaming come on and hitting himslef on the chest, Forrest was terrified

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Got to give him credit for not backing down, or falling to the ground though.

5. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

must really be tough being bought off. ive never see such a laydown in my life. This is the same guy that went 2 to 2 with "Rampage" and he flops on a jab...pfft. lost all my respect for Griffin.

6. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Well every fighter will have the same faith againts Anderson. The guy isnt intimidated at all during the weight in but when anderson was screaming in the octogon after forrest to engage, Forrest was intimidated. Like I said, every fighter will have the same faith.

7. warcrychief

But a Jab? come'on...LAYDOWN! how do people believe in a jab 4 a knock out punch?

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He had already been rocked really bad, he was on his last legs.

It was a powerful jab that hit him square in the face.

He didn't take a fall.

All you people that say he did are nuts.

9. warcrychief

I just re-watched the fight and he was not rocked at all. and Griffin flopped and Anderson didnt even try 2 finish him? he got up and he had his legs under him still and just as fast as he flopped he ran out of the ring.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

You decide if thats a KO punch? I know thats not

YouTube - UFC 101: Anderson Silva V S Forrest Griffin

10. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Griffin gave up when he was hit the last time imo.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Giving up and taking a fall is two entirely different things.

I agree that he quit, he realized how over matched he was.

12. Malakai

Malakai Starter

Am man I was loving Silva's attitude. He knew the Griffin couldn't harm him so completely stopped the use of his guard and was so casual.

Made me laugh.

As for Griffin - I was like wtf when he went down, I'm not sure to say that the jab could really of finished him off like that because he was clearly still enough with it to really give it some. But then on his way down he did show the typical signs of floppyness and also hit himself off his knee so maybe he really did get sparked out.
    Either way; it was embarrassing.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

At least he didn't just drop to the ground without being hit like his last opponent.

14. Malakai

Malakai Starter

Yeah, hey if his opponents keep progressing like this the next one might actually go down after being knocked out instead of pretending!

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So it's 100% confirmed that he's given up his MW belt, and is moving to LHW?

Anyone?

16. warcrychief

all of forrest strikes *but his couple of kicks* were half hearted throws.

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He couldn't get anywhere near him.

Are you still talking about him throwing the fight?

I know Mike thinks that, but are do you too?

18. warcrychief

Yeah i still feel he did.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Do you think he was bought!?!

Or just gave up?

20. warcrychief

Well I feel he didnt try 2 strike Anderson at all *except those kicks* And those strikes that he got hiit with by Anderson (that put him down) were not hard at all. And it didnt help when Griffin just sat there on the floor waiting for Silva. Iv watch Griffins fights. When he would get hit he would fight back. He didnt in this fight.