Eagles Sign QB Michael Vick To A Two-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 13, 2009.

1. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

:icon_cheesygrin:

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He was stepped on during a run. If he was in game shape he would have been fine.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He was STOMPED intentionally...

And in those conditions the shape he was in was irrelevant.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I didn't think it was intentional, but regardless, Vick isn't used to the physical contact of the NFL. One strong shot at him and he could be gone for awhile.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I won't argue that point.

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

One strong shot and ANYBODY could be gone for awhile.... as this Eagles training camp has shown us. Let's just hope Vick is next.

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

timmons tore it by stepping on him on his way to recovering a fumble....just saying

damnit im pissed the eagles got him...i wanted him pretty bad not gonna lie

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

not intentional...no way...just sayin

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It sure looked like he used him for traction...

11. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

Yeah he did nothing wrong except break Federal and State laws that banned it. He knew what he was doing was wrong and took steps to keep people from finding out about it.

I do not know he might have done a lot of running while in the slammer either that or his cell mate put him in the Doggie position.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Has anyone mentioned Week 13?

13. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Week 13: Eagles @ Falcons

I bet Michael Vick gets more attention that week then the game it self.

14. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

Seriously , i´m glad, that he will play in the NFL again. He didn´t kill people or rape somebody. he made a mistake with the dog fights. Now it´s over . Let´s play some football .

Week 3 PHI vs. KC :icon_cheesygrin:

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He didn't just "make a mistake with dog fights" His behavior was pure sociopathic behavior....he tortured and cruelly killed countless dogs.
    If you heard that the little kid next door to you did half the crap that Vick did you'd label him a future serial killer and not let your kids play with him. You'd probably ostracize his family and drive them from your neighborhood.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Rapists still play in the NFL.

People who had done, and sold drungs still play in the NFL.

People who have killed PEOPLE still play in the NFL.

Get over it, people. Of course Vick deserves a second chance. If all the Leonard Littles, Donte' Stallworths, Jamal Lewises got second chances, why not Vick?

Personally, I never got what the big deal was. Probably because I don't like dogs at all (one of those heckers almost ate me alive when I was little, and I hate them all since then), but Vick got a very, very raw deal with all this mess.

Let him play, and shut the heck up.

Thanks.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

As i have said many times when people compared Stallworth and Vick it all comes down to intent. Vick went out of his way to in an organized manner torture and kill dogs.
    Of course former rapists and killers have been let back in the league... and I don't support any of them either... if Goodell is serious about the NFL having a higher character of players there needs to be some zero tolerance policies and IMO Vick embodies the type of person who deserves a zero tolerance.

18. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I hate dog-fighting as much as the next guy. And if I see dog-fighting going on, I'll be the first one reporting it.

That said, it was blown out of proportion. He's done his time. Now shut the heck up and quit acting like he's scum of the earth. Stupidity and narrow-mindedness is running rampant right now. Get the heck over it.

19. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I'm happy he's back in the nfl

20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Wow i 100% agree with you

vick is thanking mcnabb in his confrence now for pulling for the eagles to get him