Eagles Sign QB Michael Vick To A Two-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 13, 2009.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm indifferent. I don't like Vick as a person or a passer. You will never catch me wearing a jersey of his. On the other hand though, if he's still nearly as fast as he used to be, he can be incredibly effective in the wildcat role to help this team win games.

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMpLMdXolVQ]YouTube - Mike Vick - Fast like a nascar[/ame]

this vick would be nice

3. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

Find me a law that says other wise. I am not saying it would be a good thing for someone to do it but if they did it they would not be breaking any Law.

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Wow :icon_eek: where do you live?

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I've read the whole thread and all this clips you've posted of him are from 5 years ago (or older). There is no way he will still have that athleticism, and that has been proved by many previous dual-threat QB's who have had to adapt to being a pocket passer due to slowing (Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb, Randall Cunningham etc.) and these guys didn't stop playing football for three years inbetween, and I doubt that he could ever be a solid passer considering the Falcons tried to do so for six seasons without getting much of an improvement (A career 75.7 QB Rating, 53.8%comp).

I just think your building yourself up for a fall when you realize that he isn't the gamebreaker he once was.

6. ball in the baskett

Ok you could keep hating on him doesent really matter even if what you say is true its not a high risk deal.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

If an animal is sick/dying then you can put it down.

But you can't just buy 100 dogs and kill them for sport, meat, fur, whatever.

I know it's hard to tell over the internet, but are you freaking serious?

8. ball in the baskett

I do that but with roosters i buy 100 of them and fight them.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You do not, stop derailing the thread.

And if you do then I'm turning you in to the authorities.

10. DawkinsINT

I agree with some of what you are saying, but guys like McNabb and Cunningham slowed down because of injuries. Vick may still be fresh from not taking hits for years. He's a total question mark at this point. I think the majority of Eagles fans realize that this is an experiment that could pay dividends. If not, they won't lose much with the move.

11. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

stronger arm for what? he doesn't use it for a good passing game lol

12. AlexOvechkin

AlexOvechkin World Champions 2008!!!

Why is nearly everybody AGAINST the signing of Michael Vick??? He did nothing that had to do with football! He's still a gr8 player!

Look at Alex Rodriguez, David Ortiz, Manny Ramirez, Samy Sosa, Barry Bonds or whoever used PED in baseball!! What should we do with them? They cheated, not Vick!

Think about it!

13. DawkinsINT

They aren't.

14. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

neither did Chris henry, or even Adam "Pacman" Jones

but hey I know I ain't against the signing lol just pointing out others that did nothing that had to do with football yet they get the same treatment

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I hope he does well and uses this opportunity to let his young fans know that he did wrong and paid his debt. I have no problem with him trying to make a living the best way he knows how and I think he's going to have a very tough time with it. He's going to be heckled and jeered everywhere he goes.....unfairly or fairly however you want to view it but it will be hard for him. Hang in the Michael Vick.

16. DawkinsINT

Wow...Sal Pal on 950ESPN radio just said that the he feels the main reason the Eagles signed Vick is because they don't believe that Westbrook is ready for prime time right now.

17. ball in the baskett

lol there thinking of bringing back westy even earlier

18. DawkinsINT

I think his main point is that Westbrook isn't going to be the Westbrook of previous years.

19. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I set aside my personal opinions to Vick when I discuss the move (I thought he was a scumbag before the dogfighting scandal, I felt he was a scumbag whilst he was locked up, and my opinions on him hasn't afterward hasn't been helped by the video of him hanging out in nightclubs with unsavory "rappers") .

I disliked him as a player even before the revelations, I thought he was a liability at the QB position and I disliked the fact that everyone thought he was a freaking god because he could run about a bit.

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Aside from that crapty last stretch he had where he lost 7 of 9, what was his win percentage?

At the end of the day, I could give a rats butt about completion percentage or TD passes. If the team wins, shots are on me. They lose, buy your own crap. And he led the Falcons to a better winning percentage as a starter than the majority of other QBs in the league at the time.

And he was fun as crap to watch.

You can rain all day on the parade, but most Eagles fans think he will help the team in the limited role that will be drawn up for him.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

No better time to grab a guy like McCoy then.