Vikings Sign QB Brett Favre To A 1-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by CP26, Aug 18, 2009.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't know, man. All the Vikings needed to be a real Super Bowl contender was a half-decent QB. They have it now.

2. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Long time Vikings fan here.

I mentioned earlier that I'm happy and pissed at the same time.

Favre is definitely a better option at QB than we have right now, so from that angle I'm pleased to have Favre join the Vikings. He should really keep the defense honest, and if not, I think he can still hit some good play action passes and he is the king of the slant pbutt. He can read the defenses WAY better than T-joke, and has way more experience than Sage and T-Joke combined.

On the other hand, I've ALWAYS thought of him as the enemy and I too got sick and tired of this whole "I'm in, I'm out" crap.

But I think in the end it's a 'win' for the Vikings. They'll probably waive/trade Jackson, and have Sage as the backup with Booty waiting in the wings at 3rd. If Favre flounders, or gets injured we'll still have Sage.

My biggest fear is that he doesn't mesh well with the players in the locker room. Winning cures all though, and the Vikings have a fairly easy first 3 games of the season, and then get the Packers at home. So if they can get some confidence against the Browns, Lions and 49'ers, you KNOW he'll be pumped up for game 4 against the Packers.

So yeah, I'm still trying to psych myself up for this, but I'll come around once the season starts.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I was watching NFL Network at the Pizza shop and they were saying that he's already teaching Harvin.

I'd say that he's gonna be the leader of the team on the field, as well as the locker room.

4. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Mush, just watching the conference and heard the rotator cuff injury that you said about. Makes me more nervous about the season...

Anyway, just wanted to give you props.

5. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I always loved watching Brett Favre play...until last year...didn't look right in a Jets uniform and he damn sure won't look good in a Vikings one...if his only reason for coming back is revenge against the Packers...that's pretty pathetic.

6. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Yeah, it's going to be weird to see him in a Vikings jersey.

I don't agree with the fact that he's coming back to get revenge on the Packers. IMO, he's trying to prove that he still has it, and he has a strong desire to win. I have heard that he was not happy with the Packers front office, so some of it is probably to prove to them that he can still play well.

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

heck this press conference i want to watch fitz on e60

8. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Well, you know, I hope he can still play well...I've just read where some people say it's to get revenge against the Packers...(and I don't see how he thinks he can do that)...But hopefully, he's only coming back because of his love for the game. :icon_smile:

9. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Me too, Bandi. Me too. :)

10. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

ESPN Bottom Line : Favre will start on friday ...

DEEEEEEEERRICK JOHNSON !!!!!!:icon_cheesygrin:

11. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

what a punk farve has turned out 2 be. i still hate him for the poor sportsmenship he gave to Chad Pennington on the last game of the year, by just running off and not shaking his hand after the game. just sick.

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

WTF is up with this crap!?!

[​IMG]

Did they change the schedule for Favre?

I'm gonna be on the way home and miss his first few series.

:grumpy:

13. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i am sure they did to get a wider audience range because of him

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Seriously is the game time changed, or when they are going to air that particular game on NFL Network?

15. warcrychief

im sure live now on the NFL Network

16. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

He's back and the Vikes have a good qb now. Unfortunate the way it was handled though. I know it's a business but when Sage Rosenfels is working his butt off to be their starter and boom....Brett Favre gets signed and handed the job.....wouldn't want to be in Sage's shoes right now. Incredibly bummed if I were him. Jackson had to see the handwriting on the wall with his up and down play. I'd have to assume he knew he was on the edge.....Should be interesting in Minnesota this year.

17. warcrychief

How about the whole NFC North for that.

18. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

11 PM ET... 5 am here in germany ..wtf ??

GO DJ !!!

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I hope they put the game on live. I'd like to see it...

I don't think Favre's really going to bring that many more wins to the table for the Vikings...we'll never know...

20. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler