New Dedicated Server Move Bug Report Thread V4.0

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Sweets, Aug 6, 2009.

1. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I get this message whenever I try to go to an individual team news.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 124848829 bytes) in /home/gridiron/public_html/forums/tags/index.php(429) : eval()'d code on line 63

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

mj, we are aware of the individual team news drop down menu, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mike oxlong View Post
    anytime I try to access a specific teams news from the top bar, I click on say NFC Team news drop down, and click on any team I get this error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15305941 bytes) in /home/gridiron/public_html/forums/tags/index.php(429) : eval()'d code on line 63

We are aware of this issue and the host is working to fix that. The problem is that we have a modified modification which makes it trickier to troubleshoot.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

What action(s) were you doing on the site that caused the database error? Please give details if you can so we can troubleshoot the issue(s).

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was posting news. It's been happening a lot today. Next one it does, I will post the error.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Also...the individual team RSS feeds aren't downloading for me. I'm getting the GIF News, but the individual teams I am not...

8. SRW

The team RSS feeds are currently down since they are tied into the topic tags as are the team drop down menus which right now are not working. I have a support ticket open with the modification author of the topic tag add-on and they are trying to troubleshoot the issue. I hope to have them back up and running soon.

9. SRW

Just FYI everyone....today we moved to our new dedicated server with URLJet.com. People should notice a spike in the site's speed from the last couple of days when we were on a temporary server. We are aware of some small issues (like the team RSS feeds and the team news drop down sections) but overall we should be running tip top. Once the topic tags get resolved we'll slowly start adding back some of the missing features.

Again....thank you for hanging in there with us. I know it's been a drag but I feel that we finally have some light at the end of the tunnel. The new host has been amazing when it comes to customer service and their support has been the best the site has had by far since it opened.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Solid...thanks for the effort steve.

11. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

seems to be moving pretty quickly this evening

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Should we be posting screen shots of the errors?

Would that help with the support?

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Something's wrong with the Index page. It takes me to a window and asks me to download a .php file. I have to use twitter links to get to GIF :icon_eek:

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I am on my 4th computer dude.

This installation of FF (which is the same install of all the rest of my FF installs) on this particular computer within my own network, is working.

Are any other members getting DB errors?

But non of the other computers can get anything besides DB timeouts.

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, I didn't understand that.

I'll just replace my bookmarks to take me directly to the forums index, since I can't open the main page then.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It didn't matter what URL I tried to go to.

17. SRW

When was the last time you cleared your cache? You also might be still connecting to the old site. Wonder how long it takes to migrate on your end.

18. SRW

YES! Screenshots are always a major plus. Knowing what action was taken when you got an error is important too as is any error message you got in detail.

19. SRW

BTW...I re-enabled the award modification for now to see if the mysql issues are still there with the modification.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I got that right before the short downtime we recently had and have not seen that since...