The Official Atlanta Braves Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Inclulbus, Jun 10, 2008.

1. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

it sucks to be a braves fan

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

i won't disagree with that.

3. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

LMAO!!!

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

congrats, you win a title for the first time in 28 years i think it is? and now all of a sudden you can actually crack jokes against another club, nicce. :) get us while we're down, cuz we're close to be making another run again.. prolly not 14 straight, but we're close.

5. mike oxlong

yeah as the defending champ that comes with the territory. At least it doesn't take us 14 playoff appearances to win 1 world series. lol

6. Inclulbus

yeah, unfortunately for your football team... that's all you all have to brag about, how many times you made it to the NFC Championship/Superbowl, at least the Braves got their 1 series out of it. Eagles got a " better luck next year ".

7. mike oxlong

LOL, I knew the Eagles comment was coming, in a braves thread, lol cowboys fans can be so predictable. Almost as predictable as bobby cox beating his wife after a couple of losses.

8. Inclulbus

It's not me being a cowboys fan, it's you being an Eagles fans.. they're in an elite group, And rank down there with the worst of the worst.

Buffalo Bills
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Cleveland Browns
    Houston Texans
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Tennessee Titans
    San Diego Chargers
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Detriot Lions
    Minnesota Vikings
    Atlanta Falcons
    Carolina Panthers
    New Orleans Saints
    Arizona Cardinals
    Seattle Seahawks

^^ nicceee. And Bobby just isn't young enough to take out his frustrations on law enforcement, other wise he would be a cop beater like Mr Michaels. Really though, ily Mike.. you're fun :icon_cool:

9. mike oxlong

is this a Braves thread? Mr Michaels????? i didn't really get that post, but you are a cowboy fan that I can respect, at least you bring some knowledge with your posts.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

guys, lets keep in mind this thread is about braves baseball, not football nor smack talk
    thanks

11. Inclulbus

An OF played for Phillies, Jason Michaels punched an officer a few years back, went to jail for it lol. That was my defense for Bobby beating his wife :icon_cool:

12. Inclulbus

11 games left.
    5 Games back in W.C.
    7 Games back in Division. -- This doesn't looks as appealing as W.C. right now --

1 game vs Mets left.
    3 Games vs Nat's left
    3 Games vs Marlins left
    4 Games vs Nat's end the season.

We've got the last two against Mets, so if we could get the sweep, that'd be a great way to start a streak down the stretch to barrell into the playoffs. 7 Games vs a 100 loss team is very freaking appealing, The Marlins is the only tough part, cuz they're right there with us, however they have a series vs the Phils, Mets, and Us looming. I say in order to make the playoffs, we got to win tonight against NY, get 2 out of 3 vs Florida, and 6 out of the possibly 7 vs the Nationals. The Rockies are W.C Leader.. this is what they look like.

5 Games ahead in the W.C.

2 Games left against Padres
    3 Games against St Louis
    3 Games vs Brewers
    3 Games vs Dodgers.

Their schedule down the stretch is pretty tough with Cards and L.A on there, As long as we don't choke, and play how we have the last 10 out of 12, we should be in great shape. I don't see us making the playoffs, but i'm saying we definitely have HOPE.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Rockies lose, Braves win, Giants win. 4 games back, Bring on the 3 games vs the Nationals! Tied with Giants.

Rockies lose, as well does the Giants! Braves just 3 1/2 games back... !! Bring on the Nationals! :icon_cool:

13. VikingsFan28

Braves beat the nationals, could end up 2.5 games back after tonght, hope is very real for a braves fan but I'm sure they will find some way to screw it up

14. Inclulbus

2.5 games back! Cardinals win! hahaaa. The only way we heck this up is get our butt beat by the Marlins, as of right now the Nationals are letting us have it.

15. VikingsFan28

:highfive: [​IMG]
    Go Braves

16. Inclulbus

[​IMG]

Rockies are losing right now 3-2 to St Louis... if Cards can hold on, we're 1.5 games back.. !!!! I miss the post season so bad.. it's just not the same without ATL

17. Inclulbus

We win against FLA, 2 games back even now. No more halves.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

how ya doing guys ? :icon_cheesygrin:

19. mike oxlong

Fielder tied up the rocky game, but Nolasco has 16 strikeouts through 7.2 innings, struck out 9 in a row at one point, almost tied seaver's record.

helton hit a 2 run HR to give the rockies the lead.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Top 9...5-2 Marlins...