Donovan McNabb At Odds With Michael Vick's Role?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 28, 2009.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

great basket, you proved what most of us already knew on mcnabb wanting vick to come to philly. just like he did with owens and how'd that work out ?

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Well some are saying he dident want vick to come to philly and its a crock of crap which it isnt. Like mike said mcnabb just wants to win and adding vick is just another weapon to the offense. Yea the TO thing dident work out but that wasent all mcnabb TO not getting along. It had alot to do with the money and the orginization.

3. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

When Mcnabb plays like trash he will always blame someone else. at least it can't be a racist issue this time.

4. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

So how much of an impact do you think he is going to have with the team? He has one more preseason game and then he has to sit out for upwards of 6 weeks.

You should stop with the Neg rep.

I am sure after getting his panties in such a wad when they drafted Kolb I bet he is just dancing in the Periwinkles.

That is a little surprising but Oxlong has some logic behind his statement, while BITB is just "It's the eagles"

5. ball in the baskett

Usually when mcnabb plays bad its not only him and he says we dident look good as a team which i dont see a problem with.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Mcnabb should have been disapointed with the pick of kolb. They could have gotten another weapon for the team and they get a crapty backup qb. Vick is a weapon IF he could run the ball and create distractions. If he shows he lost a step then hes gonna be useless most likley. Mike vick taking mcnabbs job is a joke because vick was never a great passing QB. Mike vick is not coming in to be the QB of the future.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Did Donovan McNabb tell you that on yardbarker.com?:lmao:

1 person likes this.
  7. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

Sweets you should be nicer than that, this is BITB you are talking about.

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

All this juice and it's only pre-season... can't wait for the games to begin! :homerd:

9. ball in the baskett

word

10. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I get the feeling that McNabb is not well liked in all parts of the locker room. I think he see Vick as a future threat as the leader of the team. The fans were not behind him from the start and have had a love/hate relationship with him. When Vick showed up the cheer for him. I would beat at some small way that eats at him.

It will disappear then. Well until week 6 comes around and the fans start the "We want Vick" chant.

Sweets maybe you should start a We want Vick website. When McNabb hears about it he would hit the roof.

11. ball in the baskett

Since your a cowboys fan you would really know what the eagles players think of him cause you follow the eagles that much :icon_rolleyes: . That is such a stupid statement because our locker room has been great. The players say nothing but good things about donovan and get along with him very well. Its been shown on the eagles live show how they joke around and get along in the locker rooms and even at training camp you could tell the team supports eachother. We are not the wack butt cowboys that snitch and moan about eachother.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

basket, this right is not a big issue but history tells you it may very well be. thats what worries me because i dont see where vick is going to do much for us.

btw - if you do not think the issues bewteen mcnabb & owens didnt play the biggest role in his departure you're crazy. the team refused to discuss money with him in part because of the fallout between the two.

13. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I follow all team in the NFC East. When TO was there about half the team was on TO side and not McNabb. At the time nice things were being said by both about both. How often do you hear of fans coming out and bashing each other, that is something that is done behind close doors so you would not see it. What there is video that shows beagles sniffing each others buts?? Oh what you said eagles same thing. I could find you a picture of a Jew and a Nazi hugging that means at one point in time they were not trying to kill each other but it does not tell the whole story.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I hate to say to all of you Eagles fans out there that bringing in Michael Vick was a mistake but....

15. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

baskett just because someone doesnt have to watch every eagles live cheerful locker room edition or follow them on their website live feed doesnt make them brain dead to the eagles

16. ball in the baskett

What we saw yesterday was not even close to the possibilitys of using vick. Yesterday vick said hes about 70% of where he wants to be physically. Vick can be used as a distraction or if he gets his speed back he is a very good weapon to have on the field. We dont even have westbrook back this is preseason. One of the things you could do is have mcnabb under center vick and westbrook lineup behind him that already causes confusion on defense. He is a low risk option lets say it doesent work out its a 1 year deal. Vick said yesterday he plans on being a full time QB eventually but if it was for the eagles i would be very surprised. I think the TO and vick thing are totally diffrent. To was known for being a diva WR mike just got out of jail after losing everything hes just happy to be playing right now.

17. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

this us so lame. mcnabb wasn't pissed at the fact that vick was coming in. he was pissed because the changing of personnel was screwing up the rhythm of the offense. it was a no win situation for Reid. you throw vick out there for a quarter, he sucks big time and now you have a guy who may have lost quite a bit of confidence in himself. keep him out the entire game and people will think why he bothered signing him in the first place

people seem to think this is how they will play all season.

1 person likes this.
  18. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

wow that formation would be like a TICKIN TIME BOMB

19. ball in the baskett

Yea but they dont see them as much to judge what the locker room is like.I trust the eagles site alot more than outside sources when a nfc east rival will most likley get there info. This report is such a good example of false information i saw the interview and they take 1 word he said and make a story of it but dont mention all the good things he said about vick its bullcrap.

Exactly they could change it up so much

They could have mcnabb pitch the ball to him and have him pass for example just another option. Or fake pass pitching it to him.

20. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

A. It won't disappear at all if McNabb doesn't start off strong and Eagles fans start calling for Vick.

B. We don't know when Vick will be reinstated fully. It could be week 2, it could be week 6... etc. etc.