I Pick 5th... HELP

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Cardinal Carnage, Aug 30, 2009.

1. 12 Team League High Performance Scoring QBs get 6 pts for TDs -2 for fumbles and INTs...

I am picking 5th... I think the following will be gone
    AP
    Turner
    MJD
    Forte

Really stuck here ... HELP...
    Do I go Sjax, Lt, or top tier QB like Brees/Brady??
    thanks
    Bill

2. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I'd go Brees/Brady there with 6 pts for TDs. I'm partial to Brees myself.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

id lean Brees over Brady if you're gonna take a QB there

4. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Agreed, but I'd go Brady. Not counting Brady's injured year, and going the last 5 years Tom has thrown 156 TDS to Brees 139. Int % 2.4 Tom to 2.7% Brees. The last 3 years Brees has fumbled 9 times to Brady's 2. QB ratings are close, but Brady has an outstanding group of receivers, so he should have a similar year as 07.

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I say LT, if you take Brady or Brees, then you are looking at Kevin Smith or Ronnie Brown as your #1 RB, where you could get a QB that is closer to the top tier later than a RB you can get to a top tier later.

I'd much rather have

Schaub/Rivers/Mcnabb/Romo with LT/Brown

then

Brees/Brady with Brown/Ward or Bush

yeah you should win out the QB battle, but I don't think it makes up for what you lose at RB where you start multiple players each week.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Oxlong is on point
    It you look at LT then, you could get a Schaub or Romo later on and still produce really nicely at the QB postion is they stay healthy

7. what do you think about this scenario...
    LT
    Aaron Rogers
    Best available WR (Prob Bowe, TO, Welker... etc...)
    I think Brady/Brees/Manning will be gone and I really like Rogers upside...
    thoughts? Thanks for the quick feedback!!!

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Id steer clear of TO early
    IMO he isnt a worth an early pick anymore

9. mike oxlong

I like rodgers, but I think you can get him in the third or later. LT, maybe AJ or Moss and then maybe rodgers in the third or later even, I would gauge how many QB's have gone by that point, but that's jmo

10. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

In my opinion, leagues with 6 points for the QB td's...QB is by far the most important and highest scoring position. Much more important than RB. Take the best QB, you won't regret it.

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

if you can get a guy who puts up 25 TDs in the third or fourth round you can wait

12. Rogers won't last till 3... 6 qbs go in the first three rounds usually... due to the scoring...

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

put a schaub, romo, something like that might be

14. mike oxlong

that's not necessarily the case, in a 12 team league that starts 1 QB and 2 RBs, the difference from top QB's to the next tier is much less than the difference from top RB's to the next teir, add to that that more RB's and WR's are being drafted overall. Yeah you may end up with the best QB, but your WR and RB postions can suffer too much. I have been playing fantasy football for twenty years and have seen it all too often. an extra 2pts for a TD like means at the very most 60 more points in a season which breaks down to 2-3 pts/game more than in a 4pt passing td league, but all QB's get this bump.

you would likely end up with brees/kevin smith/ronnie brown/and some ??? at WR, instead of getting LT/AJ or Moss/ still get one of those RB's as a #2 (Smith or Brown) and then getting a very solid QB like Rodgers or Rivers and not only have a very solid scoring QB, but you are also strong at the other positions as well. Fantasy Football more than anything is about consistency, consistency throughout your lineup. You don't know how many times I have seen the guy who drafted Brady or Manning in the first and one a few games based on those guys performances, but never won the championship, because the rest of their team wasn't consistent at all.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

that's ridiculous, I would be scooping up all the great RB's and WR's and get my consistent QB afterwards and then dominate the league. Rodgers ADP in a 12 team is 4.01, with him going as late as round 5.01. rivers is 4.08, warner is 5.03 and romo at 5.10 and mcnabb at 6.01, I would be fine taking all the RB's and WR's and getting one of those in round 5.

15. OK... scenerio 3...
    LT
    Wayne
    best avail rb/wr (portis, brown, ksmith etc...)
    Warner/McNabb/Rivers/Romo...
    Whatya think?

mike,
    I emailed you copies of my draft... qbs go early.. just the way it is... AJ, Moss, Fitz, and Calvin will all be gone on my second pick... I could get Wayne, Jennings, Steve Smith, Roddy White, or Boldin... most likely Wayne or Jennings...

16. mike oxlong

I like that scenario, but instead of wayne, I would target AJ/Moss/CJ/ if a guy like portis or gore were there, I might go him too. So many consistent scoring QB's available later, why waste points at other positions going after QB too early.

I say fine, let them waste their early picks on QBs, I would personally take steve smith from that group, but I am high on him this year. If portis or gore are there in round 2, im taking them. I just have seen too many times the guys who take a QB early get screwed, if you draft smart and for consistency, then you can dominate that league.

17. doing a mock right now... so far-
    LT
    Wayne
    Portis
    Warner
    Braylon
    Chris Wells
    Lee Evans
    So far?? whatya think could have had Cedric Benson instead of Beanie (or JLew)

18. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'd take Brees over Brady. I'm still not convinced that Brady's 100% healthy.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He looked pretty damn amazing to me...

20. mike oxlong

A. It was the Raiders
    B. It was preseason, I know Brees is great, but crappy guys can look great in the preseason, i.e. quentin griffen.

also, thanks again for taking yet another thread off topic :icon_cheesygrin: