I Pick 9th!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Crowned, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

12 team league I pick 9th, what's the best route to go about this experts???

Here's the scoring system.

[​IMG]

Any help is welcome and appreciated!

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

One of the Johnsons

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like Larry Fitzgerald there. If he is available...Andre Johnson and another prime WR at 15 will give your team a nice bump. I'd go WR, WR in that draft...Randy Moss maybe?

1 point per reception is a nice little bonus.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

If they are still available one of the top 3 QB's. Brady, Manning, Brees.

6 pts for a passing TD? Do it!

5. Crowned

So WR or QB?? Any other people wanna chip in?

6. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

You could go several ways. You may be able to get a second tier RB (Slaton, Chris Johnson). Your other option could be the top QB with that scoring system (Brees, Brady). Either way you then pick up a running back on the way back down (Grant, Portis, Jacobs if he's there). In a 12 team league if you can get a backfield like Slaton/Grant it's probably worth it. You're going to be challenged with WR...in a 12 team league with high scoring QB's I doubt you'll be able to wait past rounds 3/4 to get one of the top 6 or so. If you go RB/RB with your first two I'd go QB/Receiver with your next two picks. A lot will depend on if there is a QB run in the draft. If there hasn't been you could try and wait until round 5, but in a high scoring QB league I like to get one of the top QB's and will usually do so.

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

3 TD passes = 18 + yards. All day!

You HAVE to take a WR on the way back. 1PPR + 1 point per 10 receiving yards. Do it!!!

8. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Fitz, Andre Johnson, Moss or LT if he's there

9. Crowned

Thanks fellas, keep it coming

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

If you draft a WR like Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss...you're going to get almost 100 points more than you normally would because of the 1 point per reception. Based on last season, Fitz would've had 311 points uner your scoring. Drew Brees would've had about 389...and that was a ridiculous year. If you think he will repeat it, pick him. Manning had about 289. Andre Johnson had 300 last year. Adrian Peterson had 308 last season. I just figured these out real quick so they could be off a few points...but in your scoring system, the receivers get a lot of love. I'd try to go 2 WR and pick up a couple backs in rounds 3 and 4.

I've done the WR, WR strategy a few times and have won a few leagues doing it. They're (the top WR's) much more reliable than most of the players out there...

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Only thing with the WR/WR thing is you are dependent on one person per pick...their QB's.

I'd still go QB/WR. Just me though.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Most of the Top Tier receivers have good QB's.

13. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

The problem with WR is they have a tendency to not show up a couple of times where as with QB/RB they are more consistent at delivering points week to week. Points per reception definitely helps out with that though. I've never played a PPR league but if 6 catches = TD it's definitely a large factor in scoring.

14. Crowned

This is what I'm probably gonna do

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Best RB that catches passes and the best WR.

All QB's get the 6pt TD, the tier dropoff is much greater at other positions to take a QB early.

see the I pick 5th thread.

16. Crowned

Which RB would you go with?

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

depends on who's there, If LT was there I would be all on that, Gore too. Sjax and Forte are also pass catchers, but I doubt they are there at 9.

I would look to grab reggie bush in the 4th or 5th as he is gold in a PPR.

I have never seen taking a QB early work, it puts you in too much of a hole at other positions, imo

18. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Slaton IMO, or Gore

19. Crowned

When should I anticipate Slaton going?

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Yea didn't see ur post .. I was thinking slaton also

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

The scoring crowned posted doesn't give RB PPR...

That's why I really like the WR...