Steelers SS Troy Polamalu Injures His Knee Vs Titans

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by SRW, Sep 10, 2009.

1. hermhater

hermhater Guest

OH SNAP!!!

2. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

It didn't end lol

including Vick's year?

ha yes I had to make that dog pun anyways

every single Madden that had a player on it so let me see

• Madden Year - Player - Season - Stats - Team Record - Curse notes
    • [​IMG]
      1999 - Garrison Hearst - 1998 - 310 Rush, 1570 Yds, 7 TD - 8-8 3rd Place - (Garrison Hearst was on select covers of Madden 1999. Hearst had an outstanding regular season, finishing third in rushing yards. Hearst suffered a broken ankle in the divisional playoff game against the Atlanta Falcons. The severe break required Hearst to miss two full NFL seasons)
    • [​IMG]
      2000 - Barry Sanders - 1999 - Retired - 8-8 3rd Place - (Sanders in pictured over Madden's left shoulder on the cover. Sanders abruptly retired in July before the start of the 1999 season.)
    • [​IMG]
      2001 - Eddie George - 2000 - 403 Rush, 1509 Yds, 14 TD - 13-3 1st Place - (George's curse came in 2001 where he failed to break 1000 yards and Tennessee missed the playoffs going 7-9.)
    • [​IMG]
      2002 - Daunte Culpepper - 2001 - 2612 Yds, 14 TD, 13 Int - 5-11 4th Place - (Culpepper missed 4 games with injury, threw for 1300 less yards and 19 less TD's then in 2000. Minnesota's worst record since 1984.)
    • [​IMG]
      2003 - Marshall Faulk - 2002 - 212 Rush, 953 Yds, 8 TD - 7-9 3rd Place - (Despite playing the same amount of games, Faulk rushed for 430 less yards and had 4 less TDs compared to 2001. Faulk's worst season since 1996. Rams scored only 16 more points then their 1996 team who had Tony Banks at QB and Lawrence Phillips at RB.)
    • [​IMG]
      2004 - Michael Vick - 2003 - 585 Yards, 4 TD, 3 INT 5-11 4th Place - (Vick missed the first 11 games with a broken leg. Vick's QB rating, comp pct, and yards per attempt were all down from 2002.)
    • [​IMG]
      2005 - Ray Lewis - 2004 - 147 Tak, 1 Sack - 9-7 2nd Place - (Ray Lewis for the most part avoided the curse. His numbers were slightly down from the year before, but he missed one game. He did not record an interception in 2004, the first time in his career.)
    • [​IMG]
      2006 - Donovan Mcnabb - 2005 - 2507 Yards, 16 TD, 9 INT - 6-10 4th place - (After week 9, Mcnabb suffered a hernia and was lost for the season. Mcnabb threw for more interceptions and his yards per attempt and completion percentage were down from 2004. The Eagles finished 6-10, in last place, and missed the playoffs for the first time since 1999.)
    • [​IMG]
      2007 - Shaun Alexander - 2006 - 896 Yards, 7 TD, 3.6 YPC - 9-7 1st Place - (Shaun Alexander missed 6 regular season games with a broken foot. He finished the season with 896 yards and a 3.6 yard per carry average (well down from his 4.4 career yard per carry average). His 896 yards and 7 touchdowns were the lowest since his rookie season.)
    • [​IMG]
      2008 - Vince Young - 2007 - 2546 Yards, 9TD, 17 INT - 10-6 3rd place - (Vince Young finished with 9 touchdowns and 17 interceptions, but completed 62% of his passes and Tennessee went 10-6, losing to the Chargers in the first round of the playoffs.)
    • [​IMG]
      2009 - Brett Favre - 2008 - 3472 Yards, 22TD, 22 INT - 9-7 3rd place - (Favre and the Jets started the season hot, but after Favre injured his throwing arm, the season collapsed quickly. Favre threw 6 less TD's and 7 more int's then in 2007. The Jets finished 9-7 after starting 8-3 and missed the playoffs.)
    • [​IMG]
      2010 - Troy Polamalu/Larry Fitzgerald - 2009 - TBD/TBD - TBD/TBD - (Troy Polamalu Injured his knee in the first week causing him to be out from 3-6 weeks/TBD.)

1 person likes this.
  3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That looks Photochopped to me.

4. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Photochopped? those are all the covers for every year lol

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

They've survived without him in the past, they'll survive without him for a month or so. It's definitely going to limit what the Steelers can do with some of their blitzes...

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

How long before it's Mundy and Clark up top until Polamalu returns? Or do you think Carter will keep the spot until that time comes, he didn't look bad last night and he was ready to lay some hits which is something I don't often see from him.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think they'll continue to play it like they did last night. They should be fine with Chicago Cincy SD Detroit Cleveland Minnesota...if they come out of that 5-2...they'll be in good shape.

8. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

As much as this guy aggravates the Hell out of me when he is on the field, I would never wish a bad injury on any player. I hope he comes back healthy soon.

9. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

ya the guy is healthy evert other year, can't wait to see him in 2010........HEAD AND SHOULDERS!!!!

10. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

damn video games ruining everything

11. Crowned

We will be 6-1 or 7-0 going into bye week.

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

are you kidding the steelers looked like crap yesterday there run game is non existant. They were just luck the titans missed field goals.

13. Crowned

You'll see I'm right, and we will re-visit the post.

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Idk if i was a steeler fan i would really be worried about the run game.

15. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

:qft:

the Steelers Defense looked good

16. Crowned

What's worrying about it going to do? We don't control it. It wasn't much better last year, we rushed for less yards last year vs the Eagles then we did last night. We wll have our games with decent rushing yardage, Titans are too aggressive and we didn't have runningback willing to stretch it go keep them from being overaggressive thats easy for a defense to stop.

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Steelers S Troy Polamalu To Miss 3-6 Weeks?

Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee late in the first half of their 13-10 overtime victory against Tennessee on Thursday night. Coach Mike Tomlin said the injury usually sidelines a player from 3 to 6 weeks. “They are reading the scans and so forth,” Tomlin said. “It is speculation (how long Polamalu will be out) at this point.”

Source: Associated Press

18. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

Lat night on NFL Live they said it will probably lean towards more of the 6 week side just because the extent that Troy plays and how he throws his body around the field and is all over the place.

19. Crowned

I think he should sit out until week 9 (after our bye)

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like the idea of sitting him until after the bye week as well...