Facebook Style Chat On GridironFans.com?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

would this be in the same style of facebook
    im box down at the bottom with your online contact list next too it?

yes, i am too lazy to sign up and test it out

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I vote no. Bad idea.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'd like to hear some examples of why it's a bad idea WR.

4. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

I will give it a look see

5. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Remember the chatbox? That went over like a lead balloon. This is a variation of that. How would things be different other than its a private chat instead of a group chat. This is a message board. We communicate via threads and posts. Why do we a need a chat? There are plenty of great chat programs on the web from AIM to google to msn to skype. If you really need to have a one on one with a GIF member why not just use one of those?

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

My view on this is "why not?". Unless it is going to make the site run slower or slow down the engine or anything, then i don't think anyone should be bothered by it. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. But if it is going to slow us down even a little bit then it's not worth it.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Thats true alot of members have aim so you could probably just use that.

8. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

just signed up. use this app on facebook a lot, it's a lot better than sending messages back and forth

9. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I agree with Wide Right on this. I think it could take away from actual posting and communicating opinions in the threads.

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Leaning this way.

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

it will just cut down on post whoring which alot of you would be happy about

12. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

I looked at it and really if you want to chat with someone 1:1 do it through PM system or if it something that needs to be talked about for a period of time use AIM or MSN or one of those chat thingys. I don't see it necessary for here. Just my two cents.

13. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

signed up...

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

You youngsters and your new age communications and your gameboys. I'm in.

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Gameboys??? Damn Gramps....it's all about Colecovision, it's radical!!!

[​IMG]

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

WAAAAAAAAY to advanced for me SRW.

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm thinking along the lines of what Wide Right said. This feature isn't that appealing to me.

18. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

I haven't played that in decades

19. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I like it. My inbox fills up too quickly. Some members have yahoo instant messenger, I don't. I have aim. They don't. I like one im thing on here and I don't have to worry about cleaning out my pm box.

There are personal issues (ex:divorces, school, etc) that I talk to other members about in pm's that don't get discussed in the threads that's why I like the im feature here.

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

All the post tramp threads are essentially chats anyway. Why not give it a whirl. there are times when you want a quick personal conversation with someone. In the past you had to PM people but that is less efficient then this so I say go ahead. As long it's not twitter related I'm all for it