Steelers WR's Limas Sweed, Mike Wallace Interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Sep 12, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said he told Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Limas Sweed after the game that he didn't mean to keep him on the bench as much as he did. Arians wants to involve Sweed, last year's No. 2 draft choice, in the offense this season, especially after his productive preseason. And he insists Sweed and rookie receiver Mike Wallace are interchangeable in that role, meaning either one could end up getting most of the snaps in a given game.

Source: Pittsburgh Post Gazette

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Mike Wallace played way more snaps then Sweed, simply because he has outplaying him since training camp.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think I only recall Sweed in there on 3 plays. One at the beginning when they went 4 wide and then two when Holmes went to the sideline...he may have been in on a 4th or 5th but it wasnt much more than that.

Wallace was more productive in that game than Sweed was in the regular season last year. Not to mention that ball that appeared to be under thrown by Ben to Wallace in the first half. That was a TD if Ben hits him in stride...

4. Crowned

Yea easily a TD, and Ben said it as well.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

It was hard to tell during the game whether he was trying to hit Ward on the out and up route or Wallace...the ball landed awful...right in the middle...

6. Crowned

:steelers:

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

:boba1:

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

its gonna be one week wallace is the guy who comes up big and one week sweed is....i like it

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Meh....still not sold on Sweed. I loved him coming in last year but he's not where I expected him to be and Wallace made the immediate impact in his first game against a very good team on national tv......hmmmmmmmm...

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll wait a little longer before I pass judgement on Sweed. I want to see him actually play before I pass judgment. He's been fairly good when he plays...minus dropping the easy catches. He's just not getting the playing time yet. There was definite improvement this preseason in his route running...

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Not passing judgement so to speak but why hasn't he beaten the rookie out? Why didn't he mkae an impact against the Titans? Has he had any big time catches? Refresh this old mans memory if I missed any thing last year.

12. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

no two people are interchangeable

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

He did against the Ravens to continue the drive, but it was over shadowed by his deep drop. Then there was the infamous block on the Heath Miller reception.

I just think the coaching staff needs to give Sweed a shot. He hasn't gotten enough playing time to contribute in my opinion. Wallace got more playing time in Week One than Sweed got all of last season. He made several "major league" catches in the preseason.

Don't get me wrong, Wallace could be better than Sweed, time will tell. I just don't think Sweed has gotten the chance yet.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sure they are. See the Broncos RB-Position during the Mike Shanahan Era.

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Maybe Sweed isn't getting his playing time for a good reason

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Touche. But Arians did say he didn't mean to keep him on the bench like that...

We'll find out soon enough what the deal is. I'm just more down on Mendenhall...I want him to show me so much more than he is...

17. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I want anyone in the running game to show something. Line needs to block better. Airans needs better play calling and the backs have to hit the hole when it's there. Ben and the receivers looked good so far but come December in Pitt....we need a running game.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gotta be addresses ASAP!

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i will say that sweed will be on the field in certain situations.....and the man is a great blocker so that will help him see the field too

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Sweed will be a beast!!!