Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Sent Text Message To O-Line

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Oct 6, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Among the many texts that Steelers offensive tackle Willie Colon received Friday night, one stood out. Ben Roethlisberger's. "He said we didn't have any time to waste," Colon recalled. "He said his ambition is to win three Super Bowl rings, but he can't do it by himself. He said he needs us. "We ended up having a pretty heated conversation, but he was right. I was with him all the way about what he said. We don't have any time to waste and it is going to take all of us." The text says a lot about Roethlisberger, who has worked hard to become a better team captain and leader even as he's giving the Steelers terrific quarterback play and looking more and more like the John Elway of this generation.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I hate comparisons, it's stupid. Tom Brady/Montana. Romo/Favre. Big Ben/Elway? Screw that.. Tom Brady is Tom Brady, Romo is Romo, Big Ben is Big Ben.

That is a beast by Ben though, although he is young and has a lot of time to play, its better to be as successful as you can, while you can.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

right? it could all end in one play...

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I still think it's hilarious that this was a text & not a face to face. I'm thinking texting an offensive lineman may be the safer bet when relaying any criticism. lol

5. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Casey Hampton's Girl!

What's it matter if it is face to face or text? Point is, they are all on the same page. End result ='s good.

6. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

7. Tarkus

I don't have a problem with it if it's worked. N/P at all...

I guess I'm old school. Talking to someone face to face has much more to offer than print.

8. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Casey Hampton's Girl!

They talk face to face all day, every day. Maybe Ben was sitting around after dinner and just typed up a text. I've done it before. I like face to face too. Technology stinks. He He.

9. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I think the real interesting aspect of this conversation is the O-lineman txting. Using those great big sausage fingers on a normal sized texting device would require some attention to detail - or a dialing wand.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. Tarkus

:rollinglaugh:

Rep if I could...

11. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

lol, I took care of him!

Thanks for making this thread worth reading, F2M.

12. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I do what I can guys

13. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!