Patriots QB Tom Brady Received Preferential Treatment Vs. Ravens?

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by 86WARD, Oct 6, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Baltimore coach John Harbaugh said yesterday he planned to submit film to the NFL office in New York of what he believes were questionable calls in the Ravens' 27-21 loss to the Patriots Sunday at Gillette Stadium. Harbaugh suggested Patriots quarterback Tom Brady got preferential treatment from the officiating crew over his own quarterback, Joe Flacco.

Source: Boston Globe

2. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

You know the last time we played the Ravens there were like numerous fines to the Ravens team on criticsm of referees. If I remember right, the biggest one was for picking up a flag and throwing it. The only one I saw that was BS was the Suggs "hit". Every game there are questionable calls. You just have to play thru it. We use to get the same calls against us, when we played the Colts every single game, but we still beat them.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

They submit their evidence, NFL reviews and comments and Week 5 is underway. Next.

4. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

lol...Harbaugh is a good coach, but thats it right now, good. A great coach would not make excuses himselsf, or allow his team to do the same. A great coach would say we lost the game, week 5 is next move on. Mike Wright had a questionable roughing the passer call too. The QB's are overprotected and that kind of sucks, but they are overprotected across the board, and thats the way it is. Man up and admit you got outplayed. Even being outplayed you had a chance to win, and Mark Clayton missed a lay up...call a spade a spade. I have a lot of respect for the Ravens, but this is disappointing and makes me lose a little of it.

2 people like this.
  5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

^^^This^^^

Looks like Harbaugh's identifying a little too much with his players 'feelings' instead of the big picture like Harvs pointed out. This rant was better served behind close doors with the players on how they overcome stuff like this with their better play than using the press.

6. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

We need to get over it, We had some shaky calls but im sure the Pats could say the same, we were a play or 2 from winning this game. Give the Pats their due for pulling it out, move on and worry about beating cincy to go to 4 and 1

7. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Coach was asked a question about what they did about perceived favouritism toward a player on another team and he answered - its not like he's sitting around in pow-wow in the locker room sharing feelings about how he's always been shorted in big games. And it finally dawned on me last night that this could actually be a good thing - the 'we got cheated' strategy worked wonders for Billick for years!

8. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Casey Hampton's Girl!

Bad calls are bad calls. Nothing will come of it so why bother? Gay Ray did enough damage bringing it to the officials and leagues attention with his comments post game. Move along.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

of course he did ................ he's TOM BRADY, DAMNIT !!!!