Anyone From GIF Going To Wembley NFL Game?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Noxia, Jul 31, 2009.

1. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I wanted to real bad, but just couldn't get the time off right now.

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Dunno if we have any Americans on board, who life in the UK or anywhere else at Europe. From the Americans I personally knew, noone was at the other games at London.

3. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I agree, also think its a joke that the UK got 3 games when we couldn't support 1 NFLE team, where as Germany who held all but 1 NFLE team hasn't been given one game. :icon_rolleyes:

4. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

heck man if I could get the time off and stuff I eould definatly go, my wife would be there to watch the pats, I would be there to cruize around england to see some people I know over there...... and most likely to go to Mildenhall AFB and pleaed with the commander to transfer me to their base lol.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Screw London and Screw Goodell.

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

im not going. i like to use the fact that half my team go to Wembley to go on the Sunday Night Social with a few friends and drink the bar dry.

7. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Just a terrible atmosphere

I dont think anyone withing 25 yards of me made more noise than turning to the person nextto them and saying something...The biggest noise was the ooo waiting for the mexican wave, just a joke. The only games that people pay attention to are close last drive games.

I can't believe i thought it might be a decent atmosphere, by the 3rd Q i gave up making any form of noise and just sat down...it was almost like the people around me thought i was being an idiot for banging or booing during the game
    Apparently the Club Wembley seats were good because you got more Americans in there - understandable no point in spending money in coming to the UK to have crap seats - so there was some noise but apart from that..

Unless the falcons come(which frankly i hope they dont) i doubt i'll be going again

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

British fans are a joke.

Have the game in Mexico. If it's boring, at least you can watch a few fights in the stands.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I think TJ wants a game in Mexico.

:ponder:

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'll never get over the fact that I wasn't able to go back in '05 when the 49ers and Cardinals came to the Azteca Stadium. I have never been that broke, and I just figured we'd get a game every year.

Now that I can afford it, there are no games. Screw Goodell. Tags always brought at least one preseason game to Mexico :icon_sad:

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Come to KC TJ.

Watch a game at Arrowhead once we get better.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I might take an NFL tour like Brakos one of these years. Now, if the freaking government keeps raising taxes like they're doing now, I might not be able to do it until I'm 60 or something :icon_rolleyes:

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Just let me know, I'll get the beer on ice!

:cheersbeer:

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

It was funny, that they booed when Brady took a knee to let the clock run out

15. Noxia

Noxia Rookie

Sadly you are spot on. I was sat in Club Wembley and apart from the American guys shouting nobody else was making an effort. I made the effort to boo everytime Brady was on but it got boring after the 5 or six of us kept doing it.
    The problem is a lot of people go with the mindset of "Oooh American football, thats different lets go see what its like" they couldn't give a toss about the result so just sit in silence the whole time.
    Only time you really heard any noise was when the cheer leaders were on the screen and the Mexican waves as you said.
    Was the same last year to be honest but at least the Saints v Chargers game wasn't so one sided. I will still go again next year though.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Do you think if there were more than just one game per year they would sell them all out?

17. Noxia

Noxia Rookie

I do think so yes. Rather it was filled with fans of hte game and not familys just there for something to do though.

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Well no offense to you personally, but I hope you don't get more than one game.

19. Noxia

Noxia Rookie

No I actually agree with the US fans. I would much rather make a trip out and see it in the US than go to Wembley for it, it's simply not the same. Also being an avid soccer fan I can imagine how annoying it would be to lose a home game overseas.
    If they want to promote it they need to give it more TV coverage (although Sky do a job good job with this with 2 live games a week but it requires you to subscribe) they need to market it more as well, I only ever see NFL adverts on Sky during the shows!
    Even small steps like a short advert for Madden NFL games would be a start.
    Of course that best way is us the true international fans to try and spread the words but we got so many ignorant people who do nothing but compare it to Rugby that it gets rather frustrating at times.
    That said I like being in a minority of NFLUK fans, it's our special unique kinda club and maybe I wouldn't like it as much if it was mainstream as it is in the US.

20. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Not a chance lol. There was better atmosphere where we were sitting, but I do understand where some of the guys are coming from, especially from last year when our how block was silent.

I cannot see Goddell abandoning UK because they make an absolute killing from the high ticket prices/concessions and from the tailgate party as well. I think they would get a much mixed result with two games because I believe they would just be splitting that crowd down the middle.

I agree with Noxia that the publicity over here is complete crape, along with the 50% reduction in programming that we used to have, there's no advertising for the games whatsoever. They don't have any excuse to not advertise because these slots are cheap enough that the government can fill over half the slots on most networks with their propaganda.

What I believe is happening though is that the NFL is trying to bleed the UK fans dry whilst spending as little as possible before repeating the process in another country (Beware Olly & TJ). As much as TJ snitches about not having the game in Mexico, he should be happy he can still see MNF.