Bears Had Chance To Land Coach Mike Singletary And Passed

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

After a decade out of the game, Mike Singletary and his wife, Kim, decided the time was right for him to pursue a coaching career. Understandably, he made contact with the Chicago Bears to see if the organization would be interested, so Singletary, a Hall of Fame linebacker with the Bears, called then-Bears coach twinky Jauron as a courtesy. As he recalled today during his weekly press conference, Singletary told Jauron, "I'm not asking for a job, but I'm telling you this year or in the very near future I will be coaching. (I) don't know where and don't know when." Jauron responded, "Mike, let me get back to you and see what's happening here.'"

Source: PressDemocrat

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, ok. i'm not sure if i would have wanted singletary to end up as the head coach in chicago if this is what the article is insinuating. that's too much pressure for a guy that new to head coaching. he's got enough to worry about without extra pressure.

3. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

But think of the possibility of Mike Singletary coaching Brian Urlacher and what that could have been like for Urlacher. It's an interesting thought not to mention would have been a huge deal in Chicago.

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

That would have been something if Mike Singletary was the one to replace twinky Jauron and not Lovie Smith.