Buy Or Sell Offense: Vince Young

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Nov 15, 2009.

?

Vince Young is a quality starting NFL QB

1. Buy

57.1%
  2. Sell

42.9%
  1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Vince Young is a quality NFL starting QB

Buy/Sell

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I got to sell until he keeps up his winning ways against better teams. But it is a close sell for me.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Too early to pass judgment just yet for me but today he opened up my eyes with a great block he threw for Chris Johnson on a broken play. I don't need my QB to go out there and throw for 400 yards and 4-5 TD's....he just has to lead the team and find ways to win. So far he's playing like it's 2006 all over again. That one play where he threw the block though said more to me about him than any throw or run he's had to this point.

5. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I'd buy it after watching Jamarcus Russell.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

^^^^truth

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I bought Vince as soon as he was starter. I told you...he's going to bring the Titans to 10-6! lol...

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Like mj said earlier, if he can continue to keep it up, without all the off field issues, then it's time to make this decision.

It's good to see this type of thing out of him though, I didn't get to see the game.

Anyone got video of the block?

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I said I was a close seller, meaning I was close to buying it. But I want to see VY continue this against better competition. I want to see if he can keep his head or will he regress to what ever he was during his mental breakdown once he faces a loss.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Sell, he manages games.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I gotta buy this... As long as VY's head is in the game and the Titans are winning.

13. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Sell, he still has one of the worst arms in the league and at his maximum is an average game manager (Which he's at for the moment). It wouldn't surprise me if he carries this performance for the rest of the season, and probably slump back into old habits next season.

Actually, it sounds like I described a powerful arm less version of Kerry Collins..

14. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

buy

the guy is a winner. he is playing better than i have ever seen him play. his throwing motion bothers me but i don't think you can say guys like bulger, russel, a.smith, blah blah ect. are better than VY. as long as he keeps giving that kind of effort, and has a running game i gots to buy......

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, guys like fran tarkenton, doug flutie, michael vick, and vince young can't be measured by arm strength or passing accuracy alone. They bring so much more to the table than just their arm, you have to look at the entire picture.

16. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

Yea, the fact that he is 21-11 as a starter makes it difficult to say VY is not a quality starter. Depends on your idea of quality, though. He's certainly surprised me so far.

And I think his throwing ability is over-scrutinized. He can get the ball where it needs to be as long as his mind is right. His td pass yesterday was a bad pass because he threw it late and behind Washington, not because he couldn't get it to him. His interception yesterday was a horrible decision, trying to squeeze it in over the top against a cover 3. Few QBs can make that throw and he's not one of those guys. A lot of his accuracy questions stem from his decision making.

17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

He's not a game manager...

Just one note from me right now... That option with Chris Johnson could be lethal, as long as they don't overuse that play.

18. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ill buy that all day....he wins games, he was ROY for a reason. not a quality passer, not even a quality leader....but a quality winner.

more of an unorthodox QB, but i respect it. ben roethlisberger is too. ben is a way better QB than eli manning imo, but hes not a better passer.

Vince will never be compared to brady or manning as a passer, but he will do whatever he can to win...and thats something they have in common.

19. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

im buying it. he's on a team where he has to manage the game and not lose it for them.. he has an amazing Run game.. he just has to make plays when needed.

20. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Sell. I was 100% give him away after the HOF comment, but now after a couple of games he's impressed. If he sustains this level of play for the rest of the season, then I'll buy him back.