Eagles QB Michael Vick Braced For His Return To Atlanta

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Nov 29, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Michael Vick will play his first game in Atlanta since 2006 when the Philadelphia Eagles visit Sunday. Vick says he's prepared for the scrutiny that will come this week when he faces his former team for the first time. "I look forward to every week. This week isn't going to be any different," Vick said. "It's going to be good to go back to Atlanta. We still have a game to win. I'm prepared to play whenever my number is called." Vick smiled when asked about the kind of reaction he expected from Falcons fans. "I'm going to get a great reaction from the crowd. It's going to be a standing ovation," he said, smiling. "It's still my city."

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

2. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Before anyone jumps down his throat....he'll get one. Matt Ryan is making us feel really good right now, but we still haven't forgotten what Vick had done for this franchise.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Atlanta is still your city?

I'm sure the Eagles fans are glad to hear that.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Could not care less lol

I dont see anything wrong with him saying that he just likes the city of atlanta

5. AtlantaBlazer

Right. Plus, I'm sure every Philly fan knows that Vick won't be back next season, whether it's on his own merit, or Philly decides to send him packing.

Atlanta is the city that took this man in and made him our hero.

6. ball in the baskett

Yup i would be very surprised if he got booed in atlanta.

7. ok, did the eagles refuse to let him join again? i can't blame them if they did, vick's no longer in my favorites list. good player, but i can't support him anymore, i have dogs that i love.

8. AtlantaBlazer

I have dogs I love too, but that doesn't mean I can't forgive a man who I feel has remorse for what he did. Now, that's my own personal feeling, you may not think that he's truthfully remorseful, and that's fine. But he has served his time, and he, like everyone else, should be able to put that behind him and start anew.

Also, clarification, when he says "my city", he doesn't mean, "I own that city", he means, "this is my city, this is my home"

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I guarantee you there's not one Eagles fan that cares...

10. i believe in second chances too, but i find it difficult to believe he can have remorse, and the same way he should be able to put it behind him, its difficult for me to forget what he did, innocent animals murdered for no reason, its like killing another human for no reason, i can't "accept" that as something a person who is capable of feeling remorse could do.

all the crimes aside, vick's a good player, the same way michael jacksons a good singer, doesn't make him a good person. i don't wish harm to him, i feel he'll get his retribution in its own time. jail is not retribution, thats society's retribution, not fate's

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

No comparison to killing another human.

12. AtlantaBlazer

Thank you.

Killing dogs is wrong, you're absolutely right, but a man killing a man is a way worse offense IMO (by man, I mean human, not male). I have a harder time forgiving a Ray Caruth or an OJ Simpson, or even a wife-beater.

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

are you high?

14. ball in the baskett

No he was pretty good in atlanta

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

what he said.

16. Jihad Joe

He was good, but dont you think alot of those that will be there wont feel a bit burned by him?

Im a Braves fan so I know that Atlanta fans can be laid back to a fault, but I can almost gaurentee Vick will get his share of boo's

17. ball in the baskett

Maybe who knows

18. Jihad Joe

You really love him dont you

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

"I look forward to every week. This week isn't going to be any different,"

Sure, Mike.

20. ball in the baskett