Jimmy Johnson Says Wade Phillips Needs To Stand Up For Himself

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Dec 13, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Former Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson was taken aback by Wade Phillips' performance before the media this week. "There is no need for the media to beat up on Wade Phillips like that, but he's always on the defensive,'' Johnson said today in his role of analyst with FOX Sunday. "He's got to look at the media and point and say, 'You listen! We're 8-4. We have a chance to win 12 games. You don't believe we're winners? I'm a winner and we've got winning football players. If you don't believe that we're a winner come on outside and I'll show you we're a winner!' ''

Source: Dallas Morning News

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

he's right.. i'd love to have Wade be more aggressive. It's what we need.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He needs to ask Jerry's permission before he speaks. So...don't expect it anytime soon.

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

so he could be out on da streets like Jerry did 2 Jimmy?

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

And look how good that turned out....

To this day, I still believe that if Jerry hadn't fired Jimmy, we'd have won 5 straight SBs :icon_frown:

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Still one of life's great mysteries.....the hiring of Barry Switzer:thumbsdown:. The '95 SB was Johnson's.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

"quit being a snitch"

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It was all about ego. Jerry couldn't stand that all the credit of "restoring the Dinasty" was going towards Jimmy. He got drunk one night, decided even a monkey could coach the Cowboys to the Super Bowl, and fired Jimmy. He proved the point when Switzer won SB XXX, but little did he know that that game would be his last play-off victory in 15 years :icon_frown:

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Whatever man you can't change a mans personality. He's gonna do what he's going to do. Everyone knows his job is on the line. I like Wade Phillips and hold nothing against him but we gotta do what we gotta do it's just a part of the business. We can still win this division.

Oh and if our team can't get up for the game on Saturday than they can't get up for any freaking game. There are guys on this roster that have done heck all this season, they need to make an impact in these final 3 games.

10. awojakay1

awojakay1 DA VET

Wade P. needs to get off his :dirty10: and start hold these players to the fire. The past 2 or 3 weeks the play of this team has been Piss poor. The false starts the mindless personal fouls and bad play calling on offense at times has been happening too much. The team seems a little like whatever like they don't want to play at times and the field goal kicking is horrible. As HBC (head ball coach) he needs to start getting in the asses of these players and coaching staff. Jimmy Johnson had a rule if you are the weakest leak u will fall by the waist side and get cut. I like and his def. mindset but he needs to act like that old grandpa we all knew growing up he would whip every kid on the block butt if they got out of line.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude you need to work on your grammer.

Phillips is not a very good coach to begin with. Garrett is very poor at being creative but at the same time not getting away from what works. But JJ won't change anything.