Cowboys Coach Wade Phillips Declines To Discuss His Future

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Dec 29, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

One day after Cowboys owner Jerry Jones gave him an apparent vote of confidence, head coach Wade Phillips declined to discuss his future with the club. After Sunday's win over Washington, Jones said he doesn't want to make a coaching change. Phillips' contract expires after this season, but the pact includes a club option to bring him back in 2010. “This is not the time (to make a change) with what we've got in place, with our personnel, with what we've got going with our schemes, with what we've got going with our staff,â€￾ Jones said. “It's not in the best interests of the Cowboys right now to make a change.â€￾ Asked for his reaction Monday, Phillips said, “We've talked about that before, all that. All I'm thinking about is Philadelphia and trying to do a good job coaching this team.â€￾

Source: San Antonio Express-News

2. awojakay1

awojakay1 DA VET

Wade will be fine....Jerry Jones will keep him around after the season....the team chemistry depends on it....J Garrett is not ready to take the reins of any team let alone the DEM BOYS.... Defense wins championships.... WADE PHILLIPS is all DEFENSE keep him

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i could see Garrett gone after this season with wade/JJ choosing a new OC

4. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Wade does not want to discuss this matter he's busy getting his team prepared for Sundays game and the playoffs.

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

With a quarterback like Romo a real offensive coordinator could do wonders with him. I like Wade...

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Having that tub of crap coaching just makes it even easier to hate the Cowboys. Hope he stays.

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

What about the tub of crap coaching the eagles right now? lol?

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

There's a big difference between a jolly tub of crap and a depressed, dimwitted tub of crap. Gimme the jolly tub of crap any day.