Life After Owens - Are There Still Those That Think He Was Right ?

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by smeags, Dec 28, 2009.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

well cowboy fans, you are now 15 games into your life without T.O. - a couple of you here and many overall thought this season would be a flop without him and took his side in the drama that unfolded. i think it's safe to say that the team is without a doubt better off without the driveway sit-up diva on the team whining and complaining and throwing the QB under the bus.

IMO no matter the team, the problem always has been, owens, not the the team.

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Owens is cancer.

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

While I'll agree Owens was a cancer, he did produce.

The original plan was fail. That is Roy Williams being his replacement. Miles Austin has stepped up and replaced Owens production. Remember, before he stepped up in that KC game Dallas was 2-2 and staring at 2-3. He's the biggest reason the Cowboys are where they are. Props to him. He should get Roys contract.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

owens has always produced but it always came at a price. one that three teams have made clear wasn't worth it.

no doubt roy williams was a mistake and austin was and is a huge part of the success the cowboys have had this season but the fact remains that the team has done it without owens. remember when the team was 2-2 and owens came out yapping about - it was never an owens issue. well, have you heard a peep out of him since about the cowboys ?

christ the whiny snitch was on a philly sport station two weeks ago talking to freddie mitchell about how he was roded over by the eagles. amazing how both of those dopes have accomplished bascially nothing while the team(s) that cut them loose have done fine without them and they still can't let it go.

5. SoDev

Yea, I guess I went around the direct point which is... yes, the Cowboys are better without Owens.

I didn't think they would be short term, but they are.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

to be honest i wasn't sure they would be short term myself but they found a way. question is are they going to re-sign austin ?

7. SoDev

They would be crazy not to get that done.

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

im here to fess up
    i was the biggest doubter of this season. going into the year with no real reciever, i screamed from the roof tops that this team would crap the bed each and every week. Well I was wrong and I can admit that.
    Austins production has been excellent, do I miss TO. On occasion, but do i miss his drama, never.

1 person likes this.
  9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

It's okay mike get yourself an Ogletree or Squeezham sig and hop on the bandwagon. Your negative attitude earlier in the season was tiresome and really made your posts difficult to read but hey let the past be the past and support the boys as we make our stretch run.

I wasn't too upset about the release of Owens, you know I was appreciative of what he did on the field for us even though he dropped alot of crap. The biggest thing with him was the Drama and his ego and now without him and pacman for that matter the guys kind of came together and got back to the basics. Roy Williams is becoming a problem. Austin has been amazing. I think that they thought even if nobody stepped up at WR we'd be solid and depend on the ground game or turn to our Tight Ends I thought the move made alot of sense at the time being and now it's looking brilliant.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I love that since Smeagle has self-admittedly eaten a bit of crow about Avant, he's trying to have others do the same. As far as TO goes, I'd love to hear Sweets' thoughts. :icon_cheesygrin:

11. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

if thats your apology, i accept.

I Was one that thought we would need Terrell.. but not for a minute, did I think that this team couldn't get it done. TBH I didn't think Miles would be the one to have stepped up, I thought it would have been Sam Hurd. Miles couldn't stay on the field in previous seasons due to injuries, but from the first week of the season against Tampa, he's produced. I can't remember how long of a play it was, was at that game.. and he broke two tackles, we was in the opposite endzone, thought he had stepped out but he just kept going. Both games I've been too this season, Roy has caught a TD Pass in Each, I think he will get on track and be big for us, just Tony has so many people he can throw too now, and not get snitched at for not throwing the ball.. thats the only T.O Issue there was.. imo, I think we are better off without him, due to Miles stepping up and basically putting up the same numbers. No way we don't resign him.

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i really cant remember what i i had said...........i think i was like i really dont care but RW better produce well he hasnt but Austin stepped up and i do remmeber wanting Matt MF jones bc i didnt think Austin/crayton/hurd could get it done

13. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I wanted us to draft Louis Murphy or Brandon Tate...

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

who?............hell i even started a thread where i wanted us to bring M Harrison or Jones

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I knew we didn't need T.O. :icon_cheesygrin:

Ok, ok...I didn't...I also was a doubter. But I'm glad I was wrong...

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

well i certainly didn't think the cowboys would do much this season but then again i am a bit biased when it comes to dallas. i know, that surprises many but it's true but i have to give them credit, they moved on without owens and other players that really weren't helping them in the grand scheme of things and have put themselves in a position to win the division or at worst case be a wildcard team.

the williams move was a head scratcher to say the least but it's another thing the team has hurdled thanks to guys like austin. it makes me feel somewhat sick in stomach to say it but the cowboys have had a real good so far.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

it's part of my new years resolution. :icon_cool:

17. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Terrell Owens is a great locker room guy but a cancer on the field with his constant whining about getting the ball on every passing play. The offense really can't function if Romo looking for him in passing situations. I would still have him over Roy Williams anyday.

18. awojakay1

awojakay1 DA VET

T. O . is gone and just like Aikmen, Smith and Irving..... i didn't like the trade either but it happend and DEM BOYS still had to line up on sundays and sometimes thursday and saturday.... With or without T. O. this seasons is bout a Super Bowl push that DEM BOYS could've very well had last season and before if not for Romo's mishaps not T. O. (there were games) where he had a drop or 2 but he did lose the games for us like Romo did lose games.... this is a new season and we are indeed on our way...so lets now worry about T. O. lets make sure Romo doesn't slip into LA LA LAND.... and pist this season away like he has done in previous seaseons....
    To answer was he right for DEM BOYS lets see:
    DEM BOYS in 08 13-3....................DEM BOYS in 09 11-5
    with that record u can't say that he was wrong.............................................
    I 2 WOULD LUV :heart: 2 HEAR WHAT sweets think....... SWEETS always with luv :heart:

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

is it opposite day ? :icon_eek:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

there is so much wrong with this post i don not know where to begin really but here it goes:

1- the boys were not 13-3 in '08 they wer 9-7 as they were 2 out of the three years owens was a cowboy. zero playoff victories.

2- a big issue you had during his time was the same issue the eagles and niners had, owens' snitching & moaning about not getting the ball all of the time which will cause issues because of the funger pointing.

3- it may be a bit premature calling the boys 11-5 considering they still have a game to play plus to use the records to prove he was right and yet not give him any blame for the loses contradicts yourself.

20. awojakay1

awojakay1 DA VET

since we are being so exact and to the point i thought the topic was about owens and if he was good to the team....i may have been off by a year with the stands but still T. O. was a valuable asset to DEM BOYS, niners and Egirls the same.... as for my 11-5 prediction u would say that being an Egirls fan.....booooooooo GIFers who the PHUCK is this guy......SWEETS luv u baby :heart: