Pro-Bowl Snubs Of '09

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by ravenfan52, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Witten is the first thing D-Cords game plan for in Dallas. In Philadelphia, its Jackson

Celek gets better matchups then Witten does because he is further down the line of guys defenses want to take away. Witten today is better than the 2007 Witten despite a slight dropoff in numbers because in 2007 defense were geared to stopping Owens and Witten got drew alot of LB's and SS's in single coverage

2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

The proof is in the pudding as they say - and Jessica Simpsons just txted me and told me that Romo's pudding tastes playoff W free.

Meanwhile
    [​IMG]

3. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

Jano has to get some love he has been damn good this year.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:word:

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Celek is not better than Witten. He's having a better season than Witten but if I have to choose one over the other for the long haul, I'm taking Witten.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

everyone is just saying players from 'their' teams ...... homers............ :icon_cheesygrin:........ let's see what an unbiased source thinks (me, of course) ............

here are your obvious snubs ...................

Steve Smith - NYG
    Kevin Mawae - TEN
    Shaun Ellis - NYJ
    Andre Carter - WAS
    Jon Beason - CAR
    David Harris - NYJ
    Leon Hall - CIN

every single one of these players had a better season at their position in their conference over someone who was selected instead of them. And that's the problem with everyone who is bringing up Gonzalez, Celek, Schaub, Benson, etc. The players selected ahead of them were as good this year so you can't really argue it clearly. The players above were downright screwed.

1 person likes this.
  7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

The pro bowl sucks balls along with it's homerified unlimited fanboy only voting.

It should be on third fans, a third press, and a 3rd players and coaches. Then it may mean a little something.

8. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Randy Moss
    Clay Mathews

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

what the heck do the prior years have to do with THIS year ? oh yeah because you yourself admitted he's having a down year.

also, if you wanna bring stats up like that maybe you should include the fact that celeck had to wait until reid finally pulled his head out of his butt to admit lj smith sucked. brilliant. :icon_rolleyes:

also, don't give me the DC's of the league gameplan around witten because miles austin washes that thought right down the drain. witten is not getting doubled up that much more than celek like some may want to say. celek and witten are top te's but celek is having a better year with the biggest improvement being his blocking. in reality, both deserve to go IMO so it's not really a snub that witten went over him.

10. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

11. awojakay1

awojakay1 DA VET

Wwhhhaaatttt is that U Smee Girl
    :word02: for this reply....finally something we can agree on....

12. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Jarrett Johnson

13. Football Is Everything

Football Is Everything Child Please!

SHELDON BROWN AGAIN!

Brent Celek

14. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

clay mathews!

15. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

It would be nice for him to make it but DRC did have better stats. Maybe its a good thing we forget that sheldon asked to be traded cause he wanted a new contract. A probowl would give him even more reason to push it.