Tom Cable Puts Job In Peril Challenging JaMarcus Russell

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by Sweets, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Coach Tom Cable said "we'd be here forever" when asked to outline the choices QB JaMarcus Russell has to make if he wants to succeed in the NFL, that is another clear indication of Cable's desire to cut Russell and take his chances with Bruce Gradkowski, Charlie Frye or someone else next season. Cable said Russell has the ability to be an accomplished NFL player but not unless he commits to reaching that level, Cable's hard-line stance sets up a potential duel with owner/GM Al Davis about Russell. Davis' history suggests he will side with Russell if it comes to picking between a coach or a quarterback, if so, the Raiders will be looking for a new coach for the sixth time since Davis traded coach Jon Gruden to Tampa Bay after the 2001 season.

Source: SportingNews

2. chucklehead

chucklehead Fantasy Fool

Russell's a bust....IMO.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

True but Al Davis isn't your boss...

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

They go through coaches like cheap condoms over there.

5. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Raiders will be at least .500 either next year or in 2011. They've got a very solid defense and their offense will come around. I'm not taking them lightly this week.

6. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

You really think so with Russell at the helm?

7. awojakay1

awojakay1 DA VET

:heart::heart::heart::heart:SWWEEETTTTSSSSS:heart::heart::heart::heart: i missed u baby.....

now back to football crap.....J. Russell is not the problem in Oak and if and only IF CABLE calls himself a coach then he 2 know that J. R. is not the problem. I think that BIG AL will let him go if he doesn't start looking and talking about the big pic here (his team). He maybe trying to shake J.R. to see if he will start beating his chest and start playing to the highest of his potential. I know he needs to let J. R. finish the season and stop with his lil mind games....
    Swwwetttsssss :heart::heart::heart: how da hell R ya?????

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You seriously don't think Russell is a problem?

9. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

It's pretty obvious they are a better team without him.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i think everyone agrees that jamarcus is a huge bust, fat, and lazy. however, i think what the article is getting at is that the way Cable is dealing with/talking about Russell may not go over well Davis. The author is basically hinting that Davis may still think Jamarcus can be saved but Cable is shutting the door on that possibility with his comments and actions and it may cost him his job.

(although, i can't blame cable for his approach because he probably doesn't want to get stuck coaching a team again with jamarcus under center so he figures if this gets him fired, no big deal)

11. awojakay1

awojakay1 DA VET

i think that without all the disruption with team that T.C can manage his staff and players a lil better and try and work to the strengths of J. R. but hey will see what happens. When its all said and done BIG AL gets the last word.

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Really? Russel's lazyness and lack of work ethic and willingness to put in the extra work has nothing to do with the lack of success for the Raiders? His missing and being late to team meetings when he should be the first one there and last one to leave doesn't lose trust by his teammates does it?

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They should both be in the UFL

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

His strengths are a rocket arm and height. He has no touch, no visibility, no timing, no awareness, no work ethic, no accountability. Basically everything that makes a successful QB, Russel doesn't have.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.