Jerry Jones Looking For Reasons To Keep Wade Phillips

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Jerry Jones doesn't want to fire Wade Phillips, and frankly, he's looking for reasons to keep Phillips around. His 32-15 is a good start, but Jerry wants some playoff success, you can't blame him, considering the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 1996. That's why Jerry hasn't been shy about saying what needs to happen for Phillips to keep his job, but it's also why he hasn't yet signed the club option that will guarantee Phillips another year, win Sunday and Phillips might just get a belated Christmas gift from the owner.

Source: Dallas Mornings News

2. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Oh, please... no reasons needed... just keep him, Jerry.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

What this guy said.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

winning? the guy has a pretty good record as cowboys coach for so much bashing lol

5. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

If a coach for my team racked up a 32-15 marker and then the owner hung 'needing a reason to keep him' over his head I'd be pissed at the owner. Jerry needs to step back - that kind of additional pressure won't help them win in the post-season.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, wade has always had a lot of regular season success whereever he's been. the guy has an 80-54 regular season record as a HC. hell, he even won with the bills. however, he's 0 for 4 in the playoffs and that's what will cost him his job in dallas if he fails again in January.

7. awojakay1

awojakay1 DA VET

looking for reaseon (s) to keep DUB P. around........:agreed:
    J. J is a smart man or else he would not be in business still to this day. Lets talk about that (business). First and foremost this is a business you have to win it all. As owner JJ is not looking for a HBC (head ball coach) to just win in the regular season. He is looking for HBC to win it all. I have to tell my friends all the time. This is a grown mans league not College, highschool, or pee wee and its all about winning the big one. I personally like DUB P. because I am deffensive minded as well and a strong believer in Def. wins games. However, if he can't get it done then he will be REPLACED.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Wade has solidified his job this season, but his overall record here is skewed by a 13-3 2007. If we fielded the same type of team as last year with the same record I would want him gone, and I still dont really want him back. Now I'll just accept it. He is not known for being a team manager, and if you cant do that you will fail long term in the NFL as a HC, however he has done a very good job in that department this year