Child Abuse Group Asks NFL To Remove The Who From Super Bowl Performance

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by pctrips, Jan 1, 2010.

1. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Child AbuseWatch.net objects to Pete Townshend performing because of his 2003 arrest by British police on suspicion of possessing child ph0rnography. He was eventually cleared but placed on a s*x offenders registry for five years as part of a formal police caution for accessing a Web site containing images of child abuse. The Pompano Beach group's founder and CEO Evin Daly told the South Florida Sun Sentinel newspaper that their concerns are focused on Townshend. "I'm a fan of the band, I grew up with The Who. Pete Townshend is the only issue, and the issue is that he's a former registered s*x offender," Daly said. "The issue is, it sends the wrong message to American families."

Source: Associated Press

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I knew that it would come up eventually.

[​IMG]

4. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

It wouldn't have sent the wrong message to me, I had no idea any of this happened until reading this. Nice work, Evin!

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Correct me if I'm wrong: He was cleared, right

Correct me if I'm wrong II: This is America, not England, right

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Let's just say he didn't use the cat defense.

He apparently still has money.

7. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Oh come on...as if the majority of the viewers would know that about Pete. I didn't know myself, nor do I care much honestly.

Anyways. The Who aren't quite the same without Entwistle and Moon anyways. I didn't even know they were gonna perform at the Super Bowl until now.

8. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

What a F'n joke....:icon_rolleyes:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Yea...

Should'a just changed the name to The Who???

9. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Haha, no kidding there man :)

10. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

I could see if Pete actually physically did something, but he didn't. Starting some campaign against The Who over some incident that Pete and the legal system is now well past seems silly.