Cowboys Head Coach Wade Phillips Will Return In 2010

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has decided that head coach Wade Phillips will return next season despite the team's 34-3 loss to the Minnesota Vikings that eliminated Dallas from the NFC playoffs, a high-ranking team source said Monday. The Cowboys control Phillips' fate because they have an option for the 2010 season under terms of Phillips' original contract that will play him close to the $3 million he earned this season serving as the league's only head coach-defensive coordinator. Under Phillips, the Cowboys have claimed two NFC East titles in three seasons and his defense allowed the fewest points in the NFC in the 2009 season.

Source: ESPN

2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Right call.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

As well he should. To say that in 2010 he'll be on double-secret-probation is an understatement.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

nice move.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He deserves it.

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Good...

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I didn't realize he had 2 division titles in 3 years. Good to see him back. Now let's ship Garrett to Buffalo and re-unite him with T.O. :icon_cheesygrin:

9. awojakay1

awojakay1 DA VET

Yes, I have been saying this also get rid of J. Garrett and bring back the T to the izzO. J. Garrett wasn't that good of a QB himself, so I don't think he is O.C. or H. C. qualified. He is just a position coach at best......:director: fire J. Garrett